Help!! I...Can't...Stop...Shopping!!

Valerie G.
on 11/30/14 8:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This period is so exciting and frustrating at the same time!  You'll likely need a new wardrobe every 4-6 weeks for a bit so yeah, it can get very expensive.

I found my answer with consignment and thrift stores in the best neighborhoods.  I was amazed at what the wealthy discarded, and was happy to give thier discarded garments a new life.  When I was done with them, I opened an account with the consignment store to sell my clothes as I shrunk out of them, thus funding my next size. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dawn ..
on 11/30/14 9:19 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Laura, I can totally relate! I have been talking with my therapist about this, because evidentlly, the tomboy who has never had an interest in boots, now has a boot fetish! My therapist appointments are Wednesday evenings, and afterwards I hit Cato and look for knee-high boots! I have 3 pair so far. 

Seriosly though, clothes-wise, I have been hitting the Goodwills. My sister and I foumd one about 40 miles from us in one of the upscale neighborhoods, and I cleaned house! Got 2 sweaters and 5 pairs of khakis in various colors for $28, all look brand new. When they get too big for me, I have been washing everything and donating them back to Goodwill.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

SassyItalian
on 11/30/14 9:26 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

I used to mail my old clothes to other VSGers from here when they no longer fit because the transition period sucks, you don't want to spend all that money for a few weeks of wearing them and others could use them. It's really exciting though to be able to fit Into things you never thought you could wear! I'm a total clothes junkie now, I understand completely. Congrats on your weight loss and more to come! 

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views