3 weeks post op....going back to work

Tealeyes
on 12/1/14 2:58 am
VSG on 11/12/14

How many of you wished you could have taken an extra week?  I am 66 and I still get really tired in the afternoons.  Just wondering if I should take the extra week.

Lisarn1
on 12/1/14 3:21 am - Raleigh, NC

The first time I took 5 weeks, which was sufficient. I had planned to take 4 weeks this time, but fate had other plans in store for me. I am still recovering from my second surgery (related to an indirect complication from my revision surgery), and plan to return to work on Dec. 15th. This will give me a total of 9 weeks out.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Valerie G.
on 12/1/14 6:40 am, edited 12/1/14 6:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I too, was very listless for a good 6 weeks.  I took off 8 weeks total since my job is an active one, and I didn't want my performance to suffer because of fatigue.  I remember a man last week who was making some considerable errors at work because his head wasn't all-in yet after only a couple of weeks.  If this is important to you, do ask for more time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tealeyes
on 12/1/14 7:35 am
VSG on 11/12/14

Thanks ....I did ask for another week....but this is really our busy time of month so I might be going in anyway on Wednesday. 

sechax0r
on 12/1/14 7:48 am
VSG on 11/03/14

I went back the Friday after surgery (I had surgery on Monday) since I figured I had a sit down work at home job. Big mistake. I was OK physically but I was not ready mentally. I made several mistakes I normally wouldn't have made. I reduced my work load then had vacation last week. I was back to full power this morning. 

Tealeyes
on 12/1/14 9:24 am
VSG on 11/12/14

I can totally see how that could happen...  Thanks..