Just gratitude and admiration!

PrayMore
on 12/7/14 7:25 am

I'm five days post-op and I'm feeling so good. Walked 1 mile today. Slightly confused about what's too much, how much to sip, how to handle my next phase. But, overall, I just wanted to say that I feel so lucky and I'm full of gratitude and admiration for my surgeon, who took good care of me. The first 48 hours were God-awful due to extreme nausea that I attribute to my own sensitivity to anesthesia and narcotics. But once I got past that, I haven't stopped smiling and I'm filled with HOPE. I had surgery the day before my birthday. My husband gave me a pendant as a gift. It's a compass that says "There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going."  That's my motto. Patience and hard work will help me reach my goals. I'm just grateful!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

November18
on 12/7/14 8:05 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Congratulations! It's great that you are doing so well and have had a great weight loss already! I need to share your patience motto......I have a hard time with that. Here's to your continued success! Sounds like your husband is super supportive. Mine is too but he is also impatient. I'm only 3 weeks out and he wants me to be ready to travel. I'm not ready for that yet. I need to get use to what I can eat and get into a routine.

Bonnie

PrayMore
on 12/7/14 8:21 am, edited 12/7/14 8:26 am

Well it kind of hit home when my 9-year-old daughter asked me if I would look different when I came home from the hospital. We're open books at our house and she knew what surgery I was having, just didn't know what it all meant. So thinking about her question, 'Will you come home skinny?' made me laugh and realize that this journey isn't over any time soon. But I wasn't sure if I would even get insurance approval from the start, so I guess that is why I feel so lucky to be on the other side after stressing for six months while completing my checklist! I really think about all of the OH posters who say, 'Just stay on the program.'  I am just going to take it day by day and keep the HOPE going! 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

PrayMore
on 12/7/14 8:25 am

If you aren't ready for travel, then you know what's best for you. You are still in recovery! I wish you the best and hope you can find a routine! There is so much comfort in that. I certainly don't have a routine yet and I have no idea what I'm going to eat tomorrow! I have a ton of choices in the house, but I'm just being cautious and slow about it.  I keep my post-op instructions document open and journal everything I do! I guess that is my comfort so far. Otherwise, I'm just going to do my best. I know that you've been at this longer, so be good to yourself! You are doing well! This isn't easy, that's for sure! But you can do it. You'll look back on this in a bit more time and it'll all be water under the bridge. (Or water that you've slowly sipped!)

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 243 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views