No, I don't want a bagel

Allison L.
on 12/5/14 12:50 am - Berkeley, CA

Bagels are evil. Bread is Satan. Even if one pranced up to me and sat itself in my lap like a Playboy Bunny, I would be virtuous and ignore it.

/end random rant/

Lisarn1
on 12/5/14 1:22 am - Raleigh, NC

Boy do I hear ya!!! I love bagels, and with my RNY I would on a rare occasion have a quarter of one with an Egg Beater omelette for Sunday breakfast. Before my original surgery in 2009 we would get bagels on a Sunday at least once a month. After my surgery I think we waited for about a year, and then did bagels about every three months. It satisfies my occasional indulgence, and my husband doesn't feel like he has to give up something he loves (bagel with cream cheese, lox and tomato). I try not to deprive him because of my surgery and he is extroidinarily supportive and sensitive to my needs.

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Allison L.
on 12/5/14 1:23 am - Berkeley, CA

I like your attitude about your husband not giving up something he loves. :)

Lisarn1
on 12/5/14 2:39 am - Raleigh, NC

GoBlueGirl1998
on 12/5/14 1:39 am - MI

Uh, I can relate. I just picked up chicken schwarama for lunch. They asked me if I wanted pita bread and I said no, but I swear I was shaking my head yes!

mmsmom
on 12/5/14 2:11 am - Woburn, MA

Of all the carbs, bagels are the ones that call to me. I LOVE THEM.  I will admit, if I'm feeling in control, i core out a half and toast it well and indulge, but not often and not if there is more than a limited amount of bagels available.  I guess (luckily), there are few and far between worthwhile bagel places around here.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 12/5/14 3:27 am
VSG on 12/06/12

We have the best grocery store chain in the country called Wegmans. You don't want to walk by their bakery.

Allison L.
on 12/5/14 5:23 am - Berkeley, CA

You said the B-word ... PASTRIES!!!!! But before I go off offering triggers to myself or others, it's worth remembering why we're here. (I'm talking mostly to myself!) As of this morning, I've lost 66 pounds in five months. I bike. I walk. I can move without feeling fatigued.

Screw you, bagel. You don't scare me.

Lisarn1
on 12/5/14 6:46 am - Raleigh, NC

LOL, forget the pastries. They are the true enemy. Stick to your guns and focus on what you need to be doing. I don't know how far you are on your journey, but be careful not to let the foods in too soon that can trip you up.

tstowe
on 12/7/14 11:13 pm

OK... enough about the food. How do I get the Playboy Bunny to prance up to me?