Gas

jgreenlee12
on 12/11/14 11:31 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Hi! I've been creeping around this site for a while but never posted as I was just looking for information and never really had anything important to add. But I am 5 days post-op with A LOT of gas and finally found something that helps so I thought I would share and maybe it can help someone else. I've tried Gas x and walking nothing helps. As soon as I can get a little relief it just keeps building and it seems like anything cold makes it worse. I was having trouble getting the protein drinks down because the gas wouldnt let it go through. So anyway , I read online that fennel tea helps with gas and digestion. So I made some and within a couple minutes of drinking i was burping, alot. The gas still builds up but at least i can get some relief and its helping me get in some liquids with the tea. Just thought I would share that.

Y D.
on 12/12/14 1:30 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Thanks for the tip!! I'm pre-op so I'm sure that could come in handy. I like fennel too :) Did you buy it in tea bags or did you brew it from actual fennel seeds?

jgreenlee12
on 12/12/14 3:42 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I only had what i found in the kitchen cabinet and was desperate so i crushed them and heated up some water and let them steep in the water for about ten minutes then strained. 

GoBlueGirl1998
on 12/12/14 1:55 am - MI

Walking is what worked for me!! I'm glad you tea helped!! It will be gone in no time!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

jgreenlee12
on 12/12/14 3:44 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Im sure you are right. Sometimes its hard to look past the moment especially when its a painful moment. Lol. For some reason i never had any surgery pain either just this crazy gas.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 12/12/14 3:59 am - MI

I posted about 5 days out too! I was feeling great, but still was bloated and gassy!! Good luck to you!