9 days pre-surgery, this could be a long post.....I'd kill someone for a hamburger right...

BrendaRae
on 12/13/14 10:59 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

i start mine on Dec 31st... but my dr said i could have protein shake for breakfast, lunch and a lean cuisine under 400 cals for dinner.

is that weird?

Gwen M.
on 12/13/14 11:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It's only weird because Lean Cuisines aren't exactly healthy - but every pre-op (and post-op) plan is slightly different.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 12:55 am

You sound like you are going through all the ABSOLUTELY NORMAL emotions most pre ops go through. Stick with your plan and in just a few months this feelings will be a distant memory and you'll be so glad you went through with the surgery. It was a truly life changing event for me in the most positive way imaginable!

Kim N.
on 12/14/14 1:04 am
VSG on 12/08/14

OK Athens ~

I'm going to talk to you like a Mom because I am 62 and could be.  IT SUCKS!!!!!! Big time !!!!!!  Take a look at yourself in the mirror now.  Do you like the UNHEALTHY young man you see?  Do you want to be able to wear a 36 waist on your jeans?  Do you want to get behind the steering wheel of your car or truck and NOT have it dig into your gut?  Then by all means get FRUSTRATED, ANGRY, UPSET AND DEPRESSED.  But use those emotions in the Positive way.  Get Frustrated because the days are going a little slow right now but will soon be going quickly.  Get Angry at the TV for being bombarded with food commercials.  Get Upset at them and get off the couch and go for a walk.  But now remember (I'm talking like your Mom)  Don't you dare allow depression to take you to a dark place.  Use your feelings to kick them in the ass.  YOUR ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE than those little demons sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear.  If you don't mind advice from someone older, I will be here for you!  You don't need to go through this alone....Kim

BorderCollieMama

Spanky123
on 12/14/14 1:38 am

I  think we are having surgery on the same day 12/22?. IF you are not slipping up on your pre op, then you are doing better than me! I have caved a few times and had some food, but am trying to really buckle down this last week. I'm trying to let the emotions roll over me, like water over a rock..lol.. b/c I'm going to have this surgery, no matter what , I can't control my anxiety, so I'm embracing it :). Hang in there, It may be a blessing you are having finals, otherwise youwould have a whole lot of Downtime to think about food! Good Luck to us~!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 1:45 am - Loganville, GA

Yup, 12/22 is my scheduled date.  I did slip up the first couple of days, but I did it consciously and I at least ate something healthy like a couple of egg whites or a handful of almonds.  But I've been on top of it since then.  I try to chew gum to take the place of eating something.  Good luck to you too!  :)

emurphy39
on 12/14/14 7:37 am

Keep hanging in there!!! I'm in pre op liquid diet now as well waiting on my surgery 12/18 and I actually made burgers for my family today. I have to keep my mind set on my goals and the end result. It will all be worth it!!!

Most Active