Food Gifts.......REALLY?

Eggface
on 12/25/14 8:38 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Same in California. Thankfully because I have found old ones in purses and still used them. As a former teacher I used to get tons of food gifts and gift cards. These were just not so WLS friendly places. It's nice to be remembered or thought of but trading them in makes more sense. Oh another option... the local food bank/homeless winter shelter loves fast food cards for their clients.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Grim_Traveller
on 12/25/14 8:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Why do pele give gifts of junk food? Tradition and habit. Habits are what helped us get fat. New habits will help keep us from getting fat again.

The world will never change. It's up to us to control our little slice of it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dan1962
on 12/25/14 9:31 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

When i was in the hospital recovering from my surgery, a friend brought me two cupcakes from a fancy bakery.  I find that kind of thing funny, but people don't get it.  I have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic, very well known to everyone in our circle, and he was recently given a bootle of tequila for Christmas from a mutual friend.  

Beth Of Fletchair
on 12/26/14 1:41 am
with

Most of my family, friends and clients have been super sensitive about what I need or may want to eat.  My brother brought a beautiful beef tenderloin with his famous homemade horseradish sauce (fresh grated horseradish with greek yogurt instead of cremefresh just for me) to my house for Christmas Dinner.  It was perfect for me and I didn't have to cook at all.

However,  some folks forget and I have gently but firmly handed back several boxes of Godiva while explaining my situation.  If I had done the same I would want to know not to make the mistake again.  What does a little "sorry" mean when someone's health hangs in the balance.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views