premier protein drinks from Sams

SKmammabear
on 12/27/14 2:47 am

Thanks for the infor on the Nector and the website.  I am having surgery on Dec 31 so I just ordered the sample pack so I can see what I like.  I really do love the Premier Chocolate and love to put it into the freezer to make it slushy once in a while too.  Looking forward to the new me!

BrendaRae
on 1/1/15 9:34 pm
VSG on 01/13/15

thank you! Congratualtions on your sugery! See you on the losers side! please post on how you are doing!

Lillyrose
on 12/26/14 6:51 am

I am day 9.  I am using Premier ready made shakes from Sams.  I have no problem drinking them and they taste pretty good.    I sip for about 2 hours until finished.  They each have 30g protein so by doing 2x a day I am getting g my 60g required.   I measured out 1 oz shots first 4 days then went to 2oz.    I have also used sugar free pudding and chicken broth in between.  No hunger. No nausea no light headed feelings.     In a few days I progress to mushies.     I do recommend them.  I couldn't find the powder so I paid extra for premade.  Good luck   

BrendaRae
on 12/26/14 10:41 am
VSG on 01/13/15

thats mainly what i was gearing up for. i have alot of powder ones, but realized that when they are blended they tend to get air and i was worried about that right after surgery. so i was actually looking for something premade that i know i will get my protein in with a limited amount of liquid. I bought a box of 12 today of the chocolate and the vanilla. Congrats on your surgery and may the losing begin! Happy New Year!

Lillyrose
on 12/26/14 11:02 am

Have you had your surgery?

BrendaRae
on 12/26/14 11:25 am
VSG on 01/13/15

No, Jan 13,2015

Lillyrose
on 12/26/14 11:35 am

Do exactly as they say you will be fine. Good luck

tpruner
on 1/1/15 9:49 am
On December 26, 2014 at 7:35 PM Pacific Time, Lillyrose wrote:

Do exactly as they say you will be fine. Good luck

I totally agree with Lillyrose. Do exactly as the doctor says and follow other GSV bloggers. It has been very helpful for me. I just got my sleeve 3 days ago.

tpruner
on 1/5/15 2:56 am

Hi I am very new to this forum. I got my GSV 12/29/14. I am one week out and I am down 8#'s. I just started on full liquids yesterday. My main goal is to ensure I get in 60-80 gms of protein a day and get my 64 oz of fluids a day. The only way I've been able to get it is to drink 2 premier proteins a day. I can only drink them very cold and very slow. I will continue exploring this site and reading other blogs. I have found it to be very helpful. I know compliance is the key to my success. I don't want to do great and then back slide. I think staying connected over the long hall will be the answer. Good luck and see you on the losers bench.

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 11:34 am

I had surgery 7 weeks ago (down 42lbs) and have tried every protein option I can find. I bought a case of chocolate and a case of vanilla of this stuff from Costco. The chocolate is bearable very cold. The vanilla is not that good. I can't take drinking this stuff everyday so I would suggest you alternate this with other options.

I definitely don't recommend buying too much. It costs about $25 per box, and you may toss a bunch of it.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views