Multivitamin question - need some guidance

Bufflehead
on 1/23/15 2:21 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I take Trader Joe's High Potency Chewable Multi's. They are mild tasting and don't upset my stomach (I do take them with a meal). For my first year out I took two a day, now just one. My labs have always been great! As a bonus, they are cheaper than most other multi vitamins (particularly bariatric) and lower calorie and carb too. Pretty sure they don't have those crappy ingredients either.

rumpole6
on 1/23/15 3:41 am

I take the Centrum Silver and I wasn't aware they had anything bad in them. I will go home and read the label. I tried one of the gummies before and Those were much higher calories than the Centrum. I take the Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrates chewables but its like eating candy to me and I wouldn't mind a swallowable calcium suplement.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

hollykim
on 1/23/15 5:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 23, 2015 at 8:39 AM Pacific Time, ANGELINA6501 wrote:

The multivitamin is the part I'm having the most difficulties with. I have Opurity. I don't take them because they taste disgusting and I get very nauseous when I take them. So I avoid them. My problem is that all the OTC brands like Centrum or Flinstones Complete are FULL of aspartame and some even have hydrogenated oils (read: trans fats!). So I am at a real loss as to what to do because I know I need the multi, but can't stomach the only one that is aspartame and trans fat free. I have done a lot of research online, gone to GNC (which had a powdered one you put in water, but had 120 cals and only 25% rec. dv - would eat up all my calories for the day just to get in the vits), scouted my local shops but cannot get away from those two ingredients.

Any suggestions??   Yes, I know I need a multi and should be taking one everyday. I don't need chastising; simple advice on what vitamin may be a good option that doesn't have those pesky ingredients.  I am not allowed to have swallow or gummies for at least 2 more months. I don't want to wait that long to get in the proper vits.

Thanks

at a month out,you should be able to take something like centrum tablets. I have been swallowing all my pills and vits as usual ever since I passed my leak test.

lo_ri_p
on 1/23/15 7:02 am - Ocala, FL

I have had the same problem even before surgery I was never able to tolerate multi-vits.  After surgery I would throw up every time. I discovered Celebrate chewables on the Bariatric Advantage website. They have everything my surgeon recommended and very little upset.  Just make sure you don't take them on an empty stomach.  Good luck.

Most Active