Day 10 post-op -- KABOOM!!!!

psychoticparrot
on 2/12/15 10:41 am

I'm on day 10 post-op and so far everything is fine. Around noon today my innards made their issues known, and they were not happy. I just made to the bathroom. Coming out both ends. Settled down in about an hour, and now I'm sipping water to make up for the water lost. 

Any ideas as to what may have happened? I'm sticking to my post-op liquid diet.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

PrayMore
on 2/12/15 10:29 pm

I had a bad reaction at day 23 that I attribute to a mistake I made. It was Christmas Eve and I was so dehydrated. I was so busy, I didn't get all my sips in... so I grabbed a low calorie Gatorade from my son. I sipped it in the car on the way to a party. I realized later that this was way to much sugar for me that soon... I  didn't wretch, but as you said, barely made it to the bathroom and stayed there awhile.

I don't think my sleeve likes sugar. As for you - if you are just on the liquid shakes - do you mix with milk? It could have just been a purging of all that went on in the last 10 days. Or maybe you are becoming sensitive to milk? I mix my shake with light soy and like that. Almond milk is another good option. But if it doesn't happen again, it's hard to know! 

I hope you can figure it out! Best wishes to you!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Leebee3
on 2/17/15 5:28 am
VSG on 01/22/15

Same thing happened to me. Dr didn't seem to concerned.  Probably just your body adjusting to all the trama.   Good luck to you!!   

Most Active