Day 10 post-op -- KABOOM!!!!

psychoticparrot
on 2/12/15 10:37 am

Doing fine until today. Very suddenly around noon, my innards started making themselves known and they weren't happy. Just made it to the bathroom in time. Came out of both ends. Took about an hour for everything to settle down. This evening I finally feel okay again and am trying to sip enough water to compensate for the dehydration. Any clues as to what went wrong? I've been sticking to my full fluid plan.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Gwen M.
on 2/12/15 11:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Diarrhea is common at this point - liquid in, liquid out.  Not sure about the vomiting though.  I'd ask your surgeon about that.  Have you got zofran for nausea?  Have you been doing okay on your liquids up until now?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

happytoloose
on 2/12/15 11:04 am

Wow, that happened to me a couple of times early on, I got the foamies and the freeflow at the same time. It sucked!

I think I was eating or drinking to fast. I learned that lesson. Won't go there anymore.

Wait a lil bit longer between swallows to allow settling before taking another bite or drink. It worked for me.

I had a habit of taking one too many bites. Now I wait, give the restriction a chance to work.

I stop as soon as I feel it kick in.

Try it.

Rod

psychoticparrot
on 2/13/15 5:10 am

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. Even yours, Bushidomaster.  Feeling much better today, although very tired from my exertions yesterday. Have slowed down my sipping, and will check with my surgeon next Tuesday re the vomiting. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has had this kind of reaction.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active