Last 6 pounds!

Kinde
on 2/12/15 11:34 pm

I am 6 pounds away from my goal and while I am super happy about it....it is going so slow! I have spent the last two weeks at a plateau and just this morning dropped another pound.  Any suggestions for getting this last 6 off?  Thanks friends!

Tracy D.
on 2/12/15 11:41 pm, edited 2/12/15 11:41 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You need to simply continue doing what got you to this point in the first place:  log your food, stay within your calorie/protein/carb guidelines, drink all your water, take your vitamins and keep moving that body.  

What are you going to do differently when you lose those magical 6 lbs.?   Whatever it is, please don't wait!  There's nothing "magic" about losing the last few pounds.  Nobody stands up and cheers (except your pals on here :-); there's no ticker-tape parade and no special holiday.  No one at work or in your family will even notice those last 6 lbs. unless you tell them about it.  I think you'll find it's all sort of anti-climatic.  

The fastest way to get to "goal" is to stop focusing on the number on the scale and set other goals that are much more meaningful:  trying new things, having new adventures, meeting new people, pushing yourself outside your comfort zone.  Once you're living your big, beautiful life you won't be worried about those last 6 lbs. or how long they take to leave your body.  You'll be too busy being happy! :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mmsmom
on 2/12/15 11:49 pm - Woburn, MA

Tracy is absolutely right.  I got down to 2 lbs from my goal and stalled there.  I made myself crazy.  I knew i would not look any different and people at work wanted to have an intervention.  I was going to do all kinds of crazy things to get that 2 lbs off, including a few days of Dukan.  I lasted one day, went back to eating my normal routine and low and behold I am now 1 lb under goal!!!  Guess what?  I don't feel or look any different.   I do recommend sticking with it tho - I think it's important to achieve goal since most of us probably never have before.   It's a wonderful feeling!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kinde
on 2/12/15 11:50 pm

Thank you for your feedback, I am doing everything the same it is just coming off slower.  I guess the magic is for myself as of setting a goal and getting there, not for a parade but for myself as for having a dream and getting there.  I also want to see a healthy BMI as mine still has me in the overweight category.  Thanks again

JoeyJo
on 2/13/15 12:14 am - NJ

Just keep swimming.  (Dory in Finding Nemo, in case you missed it.)  Sometimes the scale needs time to catch up.

Re-evaluate anything that could be hindering you.  Sometimes I think I know what I'm doing and change up my plan, but I have to follow my doctor's plan exactly until I reach goal.  

Figure out ways around roadblocks.  My parents and children have ongoing medical issues which sometimes interfere with my Zumba and cardio classes at the gym.  However, I have to exercise to avoid my own health issues, so I either find a way to make it to the class or get in 10,000 steps.

mickeymantle
on 2/13/15 2:14 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you just need to relax and keep doing what you have been doing and it should come off and if it doesn't it doesn not matter what is a few lb but a number

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Gwen M.
on 2/13/15 3:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Stick to your plan, keep doing what works, you'll get there.  Make sure that you truly are eating the way you're supposed to eat and that you haven't had portion creep or anything nefarious.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kinde
on 2/13/15 9:15 am

Thanks everyone!

Most Active