revision from VSG to minigastric bypass or sleeve " DUMPING SYNDROME "

free-spirit
on 2/16/15 6:53 pm - Egypt

My surgery is scheduled next week and i am still weighing down my options between resleeving and mgb.

Iam worried from dumping and i need your feedback , and has anyone down a resleeving i have about 50 kgs to lose i am worried sleeve wont do this for me yet i do not want iron deficiency and dumping syndrome. 

mmsmom
on 2/16/15 9:20 pm - Woburn, MA

People will say it's not dumping, but when i eat anything too high in refined sugar or fat, it goes through me within 1-2 hours.  Terrible gas, shakiness, cramps...not fun.  However, if i have some real food in my system first, i am able to have some sugar.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

hollykim
on 2/17/15 3:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM Pacific Time, free-spirit wrote:

My surgery is scheduled next week and i am still weighing down my options between resleeving and mgb.

Iam worried from dumping and i need your feedback , and has anyone down a resleeving i have about 50 kgs to lose i am worried sleeve wont do this for me yet i do not want iron deficiency and dumping syndrome. 

surgery is done on our stomachs not our heads. Therapy is surgery for out heads. I suggest you check into that if you aren't already.

at 7 years out,I still struggle sometimes to not eat things on my plan. I know I.personally,am always one bite away from morbid obesity again. I choose not to go there,and it IS a choice. 

Some ppl can eat a little chocholate and be just fine and not have it turn into a slippery slope. Others can't touch any.like me,and like an alcoholic of a drug user. Always one bite away from a relapse. 

Only you know what you can and can't do. You. Need to come to terms with the fact that there IS NO SURGERY that will allow you to do just what you want to and not gain. 

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 3:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Instead of mini-bypass, have you thought of the duodenal switch?  You keep your sleeve intact and add the malabsorption component.  You may or may not need a re-sleeve, but the metabolic boost might just do the trick.  I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly functioning stomach, though.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views