Feeling like a failure. Ladies help!

FindingMe15
on 2/14/15 12:34 pm

These are a compilation of different things search each individually. The raspberry brownies are on the obesityhelp website. The rest I found on pinterest. Search protein powder desserts. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/13/15 6:40 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Sometimes my period will have me craving chocolate/carbs & I'll start feeling more emotional but I try to keep in mind that its my hormones doing the hula dance & to not join in. Usually I'll have more protein than usual during those times like munching on boiled eggs or these grilled chicken strips that are already cooked & seasoned in a bag that Costco sells. Distracting myself works too, sometimes the craving is intense at the moment so I'll go for a walk, or read etc, anything to keep my mind off of what I want, sometimes it makes the craving go away or make it less intense so I can resist it.

There are times when I do just want the real thing & no substitutes, I eat in moderation those items, like the small bite size of the peppermint patties, but I buy the snack sized bag & I don't eat it all, just a couple, then put the rest away. It's usually enough to satisfy the cravings without me going overboard.

Moderation is key for me, you might have to detox from carbs for awhile though & see later if you can eat in moderation or if you have to give up those items permanently. Good luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

TexasPrincess08
on 2/13/15 1:13 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

I think I may need to do a carb detox. What do I go just stop eating carbs? 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/13/15 3:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd start with cutting out the refined carbs like the bread & pizza, also cut way back on those sweets like the ice cream. Don't cut out all carbs, carbs from veggies should be ok, but not stuff like potatoes. Get the protein first, then the veggies afterwards if you still have room. My nut has me doing protein first, then veggies, then a little carbs if I still have room.  Put the carb monster back in its cage!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kiwideb
on 2/13/15 12:34 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Can you freeze Greek yoghurt? Might help with the ice cream craving?

Hormone dumping has got me in an odd place - having had an iud = no bleeding for so long, getting used to all these cravings along with everything else is killing me.

any advice on how long I could see weird timing to periods and things? Just the first month or two, or will this be constant until maintenance levels?

TexasPrincess08
on 2/13/15 1:08 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

I had my IUD put in almost a month ago, but I was getting periods after three months post op. 

jessiak
on 2/15/15 11:07 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

I would start meal planning. Fill up your freezer, so you don't have the excuse to grab a pizza.

Referral sent : July 29, 2014 |  Orientation : Oct 17, 2014  |  Blood work & ECG : Oct 20, 2014  |  Medical Intake : Oct 23, 2014  | Ultrasound Appt : Nov 3, 2014 | Dietician : Nov 5th, 2014  |   Psychologist : Nov 6, 2014  | Opti : Jan 15th |  Surgery : Jan 28th

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views