Pulling Pain in the middle of abdomen and on upper right side

rachk776
on 2/16/15 10:23 pm

Hi All,

I was sleeved on 02/12/15 and have been feeling better every day. I have gone on quite a few walks and went back to work yesterday for the whole day. I work from home and sit in front of a computer all day. I got up and moved around several times. I didn't really take a break and lay down or sit on the sofa or anything but in the afternoon I kinda felt like I had pulled something. I am not sure what happened, but I have a pulling type pain in my right side near my upper ribs and then another right in the center of my stomach right above my belly button. It is not all of the time, only when I move. I don't think it is gas as if feels more like a pull than a normal gas pain.I have been trying not to bend lift or twist but I may have pushed that a bit and twisted, not far but just in normal moving. I am worried that I have a hernia or something. Is this pulling like pain normal when you move? Any advice is hugely appreciated!

Beth Of Fletchair
on 2/16/15 10:32 pm
with

I think it's always a good thing to call you doctor and ask.  It may be normal and many of us have felt minor twangs and pangs but....it can't hurt to check with the professionals.  That's what you are paying them for.

Amy M.
on 2/17/15 12:45 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

To me the pulling pain sounds like pain from the surgery in general. your stomach was stapled and pulled through a hole in your belly so it's going to be sore for a while. In addition,  belly button pain is very common after any type of surgery done in the belly area. That's legit you can look it up lol. I found this out after my gall bladder surgery because I had pain right above my belly button. If you haven't been lifting anything heavy it shouldn't be a hernia. Of course though if it seems abnormal or severe definitely call the doc. 

rachk776
on 2/17/15 1:57 am

Thanks everyone. It is actually starting to feel better as I have been laying o the sofa for most of the morning and not twisting at all. My fault my fault!

Valerie G.
on 2/17/15 3:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had a similar sensation after returning to work 8 weeks post op.  It was from my swivel chair.  I'm the type that cannot sit still and I was straining my muscles that were trying to heal.

If you are concerned it may be more - definitely call the doc.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views