My brain and my stomach are starting to match

LEOKAT
on 2/19/15 12:54 am

I had my VSG on 8/22/2014, and up until lately it was like my brain still wanted more food and my stomach was saying no way, so I was eating faster than I should and made me sick.  I have learned to eat slower and enjoy the food because you can't eat much anyway, so now I have learned to order less, make less and definatley eat less.  I don't know if anyone else has this issue but I feel I'm even more critical on myself shopping for new clothes and what I look like.  Its not necissarily bad because it makes me strive harder to make goal and exercise to see more toning. I look in the mirror and still have to go, is this me?  I'm very happy to be healthy by doing the VSG!

GooseGirl
on 2/19/15 2:26 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Congratulations on getting your brain and stomach to be more aligned. I have to measure every darn thing otherwise I am out of whack. I'm hoping as time progresses portioning food will feel more natural (although I think I will still measure at least periodically to keep me honest). 

I do love the healthy changes this surgery is helping me to achieve!

TeressaJ
on 2/19/15 12:46 pm

I'm 8 months out and still have to force myself to eat slowly. I love walking into a store and not looking for the plus size section! It took some getting used to! 

pineview01
on 2/19/15 12:52 pm - Davison, MI

I am two years out and haven't been able to yet.  You have done great to get to this point.  

I still pull my pants out of the dryer and think at first they are the grandson's.  My head still can't believe they are mine.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

happytoloose
on 2/19/15 2:15 pm

I think I'm going through that stage too.

But it seems to be a little different some days.

I still think I can eat certain foods, then try, and cant. Which is a good thing.

Most of the things that don't go down well once or twice, are deleted from my menu.

Things that I used to crave, like tortillas, dinner rolls, chips,  pasta, and almost any carb heavy stuff, just aren't comfortable anymore.

I subconsciously avoid them now. I just don't have room for em after eating my protein rich stuff.

The weight is coming off faster than my brain can comprehend. This is a good problem.

I am almost hitting my protein goals everyday now, and surpassing my liquid goals all the time.

Its getting more like a normal daily routine now , and not like a caveman hunting protein all day.

I stopped logging everything about two weeks ago, seems natural to eat right now.

I love my sleeve!

Rod

LEOKAT
on 2/19/15 10:49 pm

I couldn't agree more, I can't believe the size of clothes I'm in now, and my brain sure isn't keeping up with the fact that I'm this much smaller, but I can't complain at all, its a great feeling and so happy I chose to do this.  Congrats to everyone else too!  We all made a great progress and a great decision!!

parlit
on 2/19/15 11:30 pm
VSG on 12/24/14

Hi Iam Parlit  I had VGS on 12/24/15. I am haveing promblems  with brain and stomic also. what did you do to start over comeing the prolem. Ay times Iam so hungry I can harly stand it . Drinking dose not slow it down. At other times I feal hungry for one bite,when chewing the next feel over full. Any ideas. Please help . thank you  Parlit

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views