FRIDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 2/19/15 10:37 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Good Friday Everyone,

Hope everyone has a exciting weekend planned. When I get off here I have to bake a cake for my new granddaughter's baby shower tomorrow. I baked a 3D bear yesterday to go on top of the cake and froze it and now this AM I am baking the bottom layer and then tonight decorating and putting it together for the shower tomorrow. We should all be grateful everyday for God giving us another day of second chances and to live life. Today I am so grateful for my granddaughter ( 2 1/2 ) who lights up my world everyday and I am so grateful to be blessed with another precious granddaughter who will be welcomed into the world in about 3 weeks. Grateful for my family, friends, WLS, OH, things I can do now since my surgery and have been doing for over 9 yrs now. Grateful for support groups and friends who encourage me to exercise more and eat healthy. PLEASE share if you will what you are grateful for today and have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

drea29
on 2/19/15 10:51 pm

Your post warms my heart. You are such a good granny.  Everyday I am grateful to have another day.  I am healthy, able bodied and have endless opportunities.  It is really my choice if I use them or now, but they are there.  I took a day off today from work, because I have personal time which allows me to do this.  I will do some mall walking today as the temps in NY are at record breaking lows.  I need to pick up some gifts for my daughter and son-in-laws birthdays.  I too will be spending the weekend with family.  Very grateful.  My Dad is 96 and still very independent. He likes to get get and wants to go for a late luck tomorrow to his favorite restaurant.  Some of the grandchildren and his great-grandchildren will be there.  I really am grateful for all I have.  I have stopped longing for what I don't have.  Being where I am and having what I have is more than enough. Thank you for the reminder and have a wonderful time this weekend with your family.

momsy55
on 2/19/15 10:55 pm - ME

Thanks Vivian for sharing, and reminding us all how having a positive, grateful attitude is so important to our recovery.  Last night, I got myself into a snit for a few minutes, being negative about everything.  Luckily, I did it with myself and didn't subject the rest of the family to it! :)  I was putting in a load of wash, going grr, grr, grr about some trivial thing, and finally said out loud something to the effect that I knew I needed to have a grateful attitude, but blah, blah, blah, then laughed at myself and started to snap out of it.  We all get into a snit once in awhile, as we are human.  However, I know that I need to recognize how toxic staying in that space can be and the impact it has on my life.  I am grateful for many, many things - family, friends, health, a running car, a good job, a roof over my head, etc..  However, today I am so grateful that I'm able to recognized when I'm being self destructive, so I can stop and try to take better care of myself.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views