Being Idle makes you eat.

diane S.
on 3/10/15 10:09 am

I swear this happens every time I work at the art gallery. Its not very busy and not much to do except play ipad games etc.  So doing little seems to make me hungry hungry hungry!! I have learned to bring only healthy stuff with me since I have to look out the window at a restaurant sign that says "fresh fudge".   Indeed, keeping occupied helps keep weight off.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

frisco
on 3/10/15 1:27 pm

Well, a little fudge ain't gonna hurt me........

Did I say that out loud?......thought I was just talking to myself......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 3/10/15 1:39 pm

LOLA, fudge to you Frisco. I really don,t crave fudge but I know if I had some it would be all over. Why is that?  Why can,t we learn to be moderate with such.  ?    Diane

bytheriver
on 3/11/15 12:21 am - Puerto Rico

I have been dealing with the same thing for a while, but I think my is more from anxiety. I get very anxious when I don't have anything to do, but my mind its thinking a lot and I always end up putting something In my mouth. I do the chewing gum, but im not a gum person, anyways. I talk to my doc and she put on a low dose of buspar to take it with my citalopram. I have been on it for almost a week, still waiting to see, how this is going to work.

Tracy D.
on 3/11/15 12:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I hear ya', Diane!  When I started a new job last year that had a lot more "down time" and access to food I found myself obsessing about food, eating things I would never have eaten before, etc.  

BOREDOM is a huge, huge eating trigger for me!  And of course I don't have to actually be hungry to eat ;-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

brownblonde
on 3/11/15 3:14 am

I totally agree.  We've had a few snow days recently and it didn't seem to matter what I ate or what I did, I ended up eating all day.  I wasn't even hungry, but the boredom that wanted to be satisfied by food was hard to shake.  Goes to show you the many levels of overeating--it ain't just physical!

I also notice that being at school I like to have snacks.  Maybe it's learned.  I don't know.  But when I"m at work I'm better about not snacking.

diane S.
on 3/11/15 4:03 am

I also think its having to do something you don't particularly like that leads to the urge to get food. I was always looking for snacks when I had a desk job. and the gallery sitting is sometimes like being in detention when no one is in the store.   diane

psychoticparrot
on 3/11/15 4:31 am

I take it as an article of faith -- Boredom will cause weight gain.

Maybe instead of playing ipad games, bring a Kindle or book about health. Two birds; one stone.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

wyo_sarah
on 3/11/15 6:23 am

I crochet.  I find that if I keep my hands busy, I'm not tempted.  It is really hard though.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views