ive been naughty

Vsg_Carlos
on 3/14/15 1:50 pm

Im 3 weeks out and im currently on the puree/ soft food phase. I find im still not feeling much of a full feeling. I know people say its different post op but I just cant seem to figure it out. I ussually only eat 1/3 of a cup at a time however today I had a whole egg and still didnt feel anything. 

I've also been naughty yesterday I tried some crunchy cheetos and I ended up having a 1oz serving. They practically melt in your mouth so I dont think there will be any damage I just wanted something with flavor And a crunch. Everything tastes bland Ive had ricotta bake, cottage cheese, eggs,ham salad,  and refried beans with cheese its all bland.dont give me hate responses please we all slip here and there. 

I'm most worried this whole not feeling a restriction thing is just a phase I chose this surgery for the restriction after small amounts of food.  I know my bougie was small too a 32f though for sure the egg would have filled me up.

mickeymantle
on 3/14/15 3:49 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it will be months till you feel anything like full the nerves to your stomach where cut and need to heal and that takes time

pureed and soft food are slider foods the go right thru ., one reason  my surgeon get us on solid food after 2 weeks  starting with softer stuff

try some grill tilopia thats good and high protien

Gorden makes them per portioned 4 oz in a paper bag that goes in the toaster oven and taste great

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

TexasTerritory
on 3/14/15 5:55 pm, edited 3/14/15 5:57 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Tough love happening here. Don't worry about your new stomach. It's still healing and the restriction sensation will happen soon enough. What I would worry about is how easily you justified eating Cheetos so early out. You're right about the Cheetos not hurting your stomach . Eating Cheetos so easily this early will mess with the lifestyle changes that you have to make.

WLS a requires that one change her focus on food. It is a tough battle to be fought daily. You are right about slipping up here and there but there are always consequences. Slipping up during maintenance phase results in regain. I know because I've slipped. For me learning to change my focus is a everyday issue.

I wish you luck.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/14/15 7:44 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On March 14, 2015 at 8:50 PM Pacific Time, Vsg_Carlos wrote:

Im 3 weeks out and im currently on the puree/ soft food phase. I find im still not feeling much of a full feeling. I know people say its different post op but I just cant seem to figure it out. I ussually only eat 1/3 of a cup at a time however today I had a whole egg and still didnt feel anything. 

I've also been naughty yesterday I tried some crunchy cheetos and I ended up having a 1oz serving. They practically melt in your mouth so I dont think there will be any damage I just wanted something with flavor And a crunch. Everything tastes bland Ive had ricotta bake, cottage cheese, eggs,ham salad,  and refried beans with cheese its all bland.dont give me hate responses please we all slip here and there. 

I'm most worried this whole not feeling a restriction thing is just a phase I chose this surgery for the restriction after small amounts of food.  I know my bougie was small too a 32f though for sure the egg would have filled me up.

It's not true that we all slip up here and there. I know many, many people that stuck to their plan, completely, while losing. They certainly weren't eating Cheetos at three weeks out.

It's very troublesome the way you are rationalizing choices already. "It's only a 1oz serving," "they practically melt in your mouth," "we all slip here and there." Rationalizing will quickly lead you down a path you don't want to be on.

This is what you signed up for. What you so desperately wanted. It's time to dig in and work your plan, to the letter.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

lianna
on 3/14/15 11:55 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

"This is what you signed up for. What you so desperately wanted. It's time to dig in and work your plan, to the letter."

I love this sentiment so much. 

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

NikkyBeauty
on 3/14/15 8:32 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Trust me the restriction is there, we''re so use to that stuffed feeling as being full but if your following the plan and measuring your food you should not be consuming enough food to get the full feeling so that's not why your feeling it! 

Now uhmmmm Cheetos cmon now!! Sorry but not sorry there is absoultly no reason for you to be (excuse my language) eating **** like that at 3 weeks out I mean you shouldn't even be hungry right now that's just plan ol bad habits if you need something to crunch why not try a reduced fat wheat thin? The poped kind they come in all kinds of flavors??  Idk if your plan allows it, but we're pretty much the same amount of time out and im on soft foods and my plan allows it! It's all about better choices. I hate to be that kind of person who shakes the finger but I'm sorry stuff like this just disappoints me! I sincerely hope you start taking this more serious and start making better choices, I by far am not perfect and Im rooting for all my Vsg'ers to be successful! So no more Cheetos k!! It's all love tho 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Grim_Traveller
on 3/14/15 10:30 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There is really no difference between a Cheeto and a reduced fat Wheat Thin. One pretends to be healthy, but that's all.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NikkyBeauty
on 3/15/15 5:44 am - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Well one is on my list as ok and one is a big no no! I was just using it as an example to make a better choice I know neither is greatly healthy but if your surgeon says one is ok over the other go for the one your surgeon said is ok at least your following the rules! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

Dan1962
on 3/14/15 10:22 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I never understand all of the posts about people trying to "test" the restriction.  In my mind it still people looking for a magic device o provide weight loss.  I'm about six months out and I still measure or weigh most meals.  I rarely feel full but often feel satisfied.  Follow your plan or you will fail, its as simple as that.

TeashaLorna
on 3/15/15 5:36 am, edited 3/15/15 5:38 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I agree I don't understand the testing it either. I am almost three years out and I still weigh and measure everything. I know I am not trust worthy when it comes to food, if I had been I wouldn't have needed the surgery. I did not Yes did not eat anything off program until I was in mainteance and then my program changed. I ate no bread, no pasta, no crackers, no goodies, no potatoes, no cereals nothing carb, except for fresh fruit and veggies. I rarel now eat any of those things and if I do it better be a day I am going for a good run.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active