3/23 surgery!!

piperboodog
on 3/16/15 11:24 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and my surgery is on Monday, 3/23. I've gone through a lot to reach this point and I can't believe it's almost here. I'm very nervous and scared but I'm assuming that is normal. I'm in the middle of my pre-op diet and there's been times during the day that it's been tough but I've stuck it out.

I'm looking forward to gaining a lot of valuable information through this board and getting to know everyone. Any words of encouragement are welcome. Thanks!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/17/15 8:21 am - MI

Its right around the corner! Yay! I'll see you on the losers bench soon! Make sure you walk as soon as you can after surgery and start drinking water!! Good luck!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Joanna B
on 3/17/15 8:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

This board has amazing people on here, who are here to encourage and help =] 3/23 is right around the corner and soon you will be on the losing side!!

VSGjohn23
on 3/17/15 9:20 am

Wow you and I have the same surgery date 3/23. Like you I look forward to the positive change in my life, yet I am a bit nervous as well. However, as soon as my mind goes too far down that road, I realize all the negative impact I've undergone being a food addict and that wakes me up and puts me in my place. Good Luck! Be strong!

ABair
on 3/18/15 2:56 am
VSG on 01/14/15

My advice to you is stick to the pre-op diet to the letter.  My surgery was 1/14/15 and the doctor told my husband that I was extremely clean on the inside.  Meaning that I did not deviate from the pre -op diet not even 1x.  I believe this truly helped my surgery go so smoothly.  I was only in surgery 55 minutes when he told my husband 1.5 to 2.5 hrs.  My operation and post op have gone extremely well and I feel that is due to me following doctors orders to the letter.

If do what the doctor says with out any deviation you to will soar.

Sending you positive thoughts and vibes!

Lisa 

Most Active