First trip since sleeve....

NYMom38
on 3/21/15 11:12 am

I'm 3 1/2 months out and I leave on Wednesday for a 3 day work trip.  I'm nervous about not being in my controlled environment.  Everything is catered and there are 2 dinners out.  I've tried, but haven't been able to find out the restaurants or food being served.  They have to serve protein, right?

I'm driving 7 hrs, so I can bring my shakes for breakfast.  What other snacks do you recommend I bring?    Any recommendations for the trip?

Sleeved 12/3/14

hollykim
on 3/21/15 11:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM Pacific Time, NYMom38 wrote:

I'm 3 1/2 months out and I leave on Wednesday for a 3 day work trip.  I'm nervous about not being in my controlled environment.  Everything is catered and there are 2 dinners out.  I've tried, but haven't been able to find out the restaurants or food being served.  They have to serve protein, right?

I'm driving 7 hrs, so I can bring my shakes for breakfast.  What other snacks do you recommend I bring?    Any recommendations for the trip?

a cooler with 

greek yogurt,boiled eggs,baby bel cheese ,string cheese,tuna and chicken packers,jerkey,protein shakes,if there is not a refrigerator in your room,ask for one.

TimeForMe61
on 3/21/15 11:56 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Hi! I'm 8 weeks out from RNY and had my first business trip this past week so I understand your concerns. I brought lots of babybels and premier protein shakes (1 per day). I stopped at a grocery store on the way from the airport and bought Greek yogurt (2 per day). First morning breakfast, not a protein in sight!! Luckily I had Greek yogurt! For a snack, I had a babybel. Lunches and dinners had protein choices. From weeks of weighing and measuring, I think I did ok with portions. I was glad I had the yogurt, protein and cheese because I relied on them more than the buffet foods. I must have done ok since I lost 2'pounds in the 4 days.

Good luck! Let me know if you discover new tricks ainc I'm on the road next week again!

Flabaway
on 3/21/15 5:24 pm
VSG on 01/05/15 with

I hear that! I'm almost 3 months out and going on a 3 month trip next week and I'm going to take some jerky and do what I can otherwise. So tired of eggs, but needs must.

Valerie G.
on 3/22/15 12:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's going to be fine.  I travel all the time for work.  Concentrate on meat and veggies and you'll be fine.  If you have a chance, contact the admin who is coordinating everything and ask if they have a protein selection for someone trying to avoid high-carb eating (although they may understand the trendy term 'gluten free' better).  The only downfall will be pasta - which is easy and cheap for those arranging meals, but pass on the info that pasta causes afternoon comas and people aren't as attentive afterwards. 

A good thing to keep with you on the road trip and in your purse in case of a pasta debocle would be the high protein lunchables snacks that contain meat, cheese and nuts. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views