Tips/Advice from a 7 year Sleeve Veteran

billmacc7
on 3/23/15 6:31 am - MA

I just wanted to comment that this was a great post. I usually frequent the exercise/fitness and men's forum but also puruse the main page. So  many good points you make...many I need to remind myself of  daily at 4 1/2 years post op!

Thanks again..good luck on the next 3 months sure you will do awesome!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:39 am

Thanks so much!  I plan to join the gym at work in the next week.  It is free and I might as well take advantage of it!

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Pamela M.
on 3/23/15 7:06 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Thanks for your honesty.  Changing my mindset for life - it ain't no joke!  Sobering to know that every day for the rest of my life "I make the choice" to be healthy or unhealthy.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:42 am

exactly... and it really is as simple as that!!!

Louisiana 

sweettooth58
on 3/23/15 9:38 am - IL

I know exactly where you are coming from. I am 3 years and started gaining weight and just the past 2 weeks I have been back to basic and have lost 7lb in 2 weeks. The surgery doesn't  give you the the ok to eat anything its only the tool to help. I just came back on this site to get support and this was actually the first post I read...Wishing you good luck and hope to keep in touch with support...

LngRedRose
on 4/2/15 4:43 am

That is the big misconception... folks think when they get to goal they can eat anything they want... it just doesn't work that way....

Louisiana 

bluecrab
on 3/23/15 10:28 am - MD

I also am 7 yrs out from my surgery.   As of date, I have gained about 23 lbs.   I have been "cheating" so much that I deserve every lb that I have regained!  I like you, am ready to start back on the basics.   However, I do not know where really to begin with this.    If you can be of any help as far as a diet regimen, please send it my way.   I know that in the beginning I would NOT touch anything "junky" and now that seems to be what I want most.   I am READY to commit in doing this too!   Let's do this together!!!  

LngRedRose
on 3/24/15 1:53 am

Absolutely, lets do this together!!  I actually cut out ALL sweets, bread, fried food and fruit for now.  Trying to stay between 20 - 25 carbs per day.  It actually hasn't been hard at all.  I am shocked myself... but maybe it is because I am determined to do this! :)

bluecrab
on 3/24/15 2:14 am - MD

I know I can do this!!!!  let's keep in touch.......:)   Thanks for being so positive!!!! and encouraging. 

NoRegrets4Me
on 3/23/15 11:13 am
VSG on 04/21/15

Thank you for posting! I'm scheduled for VSG April 21st and I watch this forum daily for inspiration and advise. I too see so many considering more surgery for regaining,  and all I can think is surgery is a serious thing! Each time you go under there are so many risks, it took a lot of research and prayers for me to decide to do this for myself. I will make this a lifestyle, because for me there won't be another surgery. We all need support and I'm thankful for OH!

Most Active