3 month post surgery update and question

ANGELINA6501
on 3/24/15 3:57 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Hi everyone! I haven’t posted in a while but wanted to give a little update. I’m now 13 weeks out from surgery and down 60 lbs from surgery, 82 lbs from highest weight! I feel healthier, both physically and mentally. I have noticed that I am beginning to lose some hair, but it is not too noticeable. I’ve gotten a good haircut and have been trying to keep my hair down to minimize breakage.

I have been lucky so far and have had no issues with any foods that I have eaten; no vomiting or foamies. I was just cleared for all types and textures of foods. I am taking it slow, as I have with all the new foods I introduce, but so far so good! I have stuck to the plan 99% of the time; I did have 1 (ONE) Hershey’s Kiss about two weeks ago. I also had a potato chip here or there, but otherwise I am on plan.

I have not really started any exercising, however, my husband and I just got back from The Fest for Beatles Fans where I tried a yoga/dance/rolling on the floor kind of thing (which was soooo much fun!)  and also a skipping event where we skipped throughout the hotel and outside. I also danced and walked a ton! I was exhausted by Sunday night. My thighs hurt so bad! But you know what, I did it! And that is what matters! I allowed myself to be free to try new things and be uninhibited and it felt so good! So I’m going to do more of that! I would never have done those things when I was 300+ lbs.

I have only had one real issue that I’m not even really sure is a problem. I still have abdominal pain. I am pretty sure it is just muscle pain, located in the general area of the large incision, but not directly on the scar. It is a dull pain, sometimes it gets sharp if I cough. It is constant. After all the exercising I did over the weekend, I am definitely more tender in the abdominal area, that is why I think it is muscle pain/aches. I have not had a fever, no vomiting, and no other signs of illness, so I don’t think it is a major problem, but it is concerning. I have an appt. with my surgeon April 9, so I will discuss this with her. How long does it take for the muscle to heal and should I still be having this pain?

Thanks! 

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

mmsmom
on 3/24/15 4:09 am, edited 3/24/15 4:09 am - Woburn, MA

My pain subsided at 5 weeks - might be something to run by your dr.  Keep up the good work!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Hislady
on 3/24/15 8:29 am - Vancouver, WA

It could also be an incisional hernia the doc should be able to tell.

Sheilarae
on 3/25/15 7:33 am

You are doing an amazing job! We have the same surgery date. I wish I were doing as well as you. I am down 74# lost 35# pre-op (6 mos of effort) and 39 since. Feeling better already and have about 115# to go. Looking forward to the rest of the journey!

Sheila

Sheilarae  VSG 12/16/14 by Dr T. Kellogg  Mayo Clinic

HW 352, SW 317,  CW 298.5 (1/4/15)

Most Active