I am sleeved, 3 days post op.

TanyaR
on 4/6/15 12:23 am

I was sleeved in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Mario Camelo Ramos at Florence hospital. Let me tell you, this is the best medical treatment I have ever received! Everyone was so nice they genuinely cared and Dr. Camelo was busy but would pass through my room after and assure me all would be okay. I met 4 different Doctors and had like 3 nurses. They were always giving me pain meds and antibiotics. The only thing I didn't like was traveling after surgery. Bumpy road. Well I'm home now, I'm taking care of my 2 children ages 3 and 4 and I think I would be fine but I'm having 2 problems! I cannot burp! Please somene tell me this is normal in the beginning? Because I am unable to burp so much air fills up in my stomach that drinking really hurts. How can I burp? I feel like it comes up halfway to my chest and sits there very uncomfortable. :(

Tracy D.
on 4/6/15 12:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench!   I can't really provide any advice on how to burp.  But I can give a couple pointers on how not to swallow so much air when you eat and drink (cuz that's the problem).  

Drinking:  take tiny sips but actively breathe OUT while the liquid slips into your mouth.  It will become more natural after awhile.  You have no idea how much air you take in through breathing while you drink 

Eating:  again, breath out when putting a bite in your mouth.  While chewing make sure to keep the mouth fully closed and breathe in and out through you nose.  Keep your mouth closed as you swallow.  

I know this sounds kind of silly - but getting too much air in there IS an issue and these tactics help. 

Good luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

t3dsmom
on 4/6/15 3:29 am

Congrats! Just keep sipping and walking, the movement helped me. Your little ones should keep you hopping.......

Paula1965
on 4/6/15 9:00 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Congratulations! I can't believe you have travelled already and are taking care of your children so soon! I am 5 days post-op and am on the couch most of the day!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Hislady
on 4/6/15 9:37 am - Vancouver, WA

You might try some gas x to bring up some of the air or dissolve it in your tummy. Now if the gas is from what they pimped in you for surgery it won't help but if it is from swallowing too much air it may help. And moving around walking as much as you can will help move things along! Just all kinda part of the journey. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views