Still very new to this.

Smoochie70
on 4/2/15 5:25 am - Canada

So iam just getting my process started. I had my orientation at the Bariatric Program here in Victoria. Learned some new stuff. Knew quite a bit already. I have learned lots from reading peoples stories here. I think the biggest challenge iam going to face is reaching out for help. Iam one of those types of people that have tried to do most everything on my own.  Iam realizing though that iam not going to be able to do this alone. Iam terrified of putting myself out there. Hard to say why. I guess i will figure out that on m way along. Thanks for listening and letting me read all of everyones stories.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/2/15 5:34 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Good for you for starting the process.  It helps to read about what to expect before, during and after surgery.  In the end, however, the choices you make ultimately are your responsibility.  

You might want to consider seeing a therapy now to work on some of your issues.  It will only help to prepare you down the road.  Good luck  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Smoochie70
on 4/2/15 5:43 am - Canada

I know that choices are mine. That is definitely something i have learned along the way. The dietician here yesterday is looking to start a group which talks about emotional eating. Iam looking forward to hopefully being a part of it. I have spent many years in therapy so far. I dont see that as what i need. I think i will learn more in a group setting. Sharing with people to help me overcome my 

"terminal unigueness" attitude". lol Thanks for responding to my post. 

psychoticparrot
on 4/2/15 6:31 am

Another group you might consider for support is Overeaters Anonymous. You are not required to talk and no one will ask you personal questions. If and when you choose to participate in the group discussion is up to you. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Gwen M.
on 4/2/15 7:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Heh.  This is something I talked with my therapist about early on - we all like to think we're unique and special, eh? :D

Good for you for starting this process.  I wish you all the best!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Smoochie70
on 4/2/15 9:13 am - Canada

Thanks for the replies. I have really given some thought to Overeaters Annonymous.  I do think that might be a great idea. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views