I forgot how to do this... diet, gaining and few pounds and weight lifting...

CindyGuice
on 4/6/15 3:13 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

Wow, I never thought I would be writing this... but... here I am. I feel so lost and confused. I am 3 years post op sleeve, reached my goal of 140 even got to 135 (for 1 day..lol) and had a tummy tuck 2 years ago. I've always stayed around 142-145. That seemed to be a good weight for me. Sometimes I would creep up to 147-148 and I would get right back on track and get back down below 145. NOW.. its a whole other story... Christmas 2014 I said I'm going to not worry about the scale for a few days..well... the scale jumped to 150!!! holy cow!! Then the next thing I know February comes and I jump on a plane to Vegas with my husband and forget about the scale again! Came home and it jumped to 152!! Whoooaaaa!!! WTH?? Then I go in to have breast augmentation the week we came back (mid Feb). So then of course you go through that stage of retaining water after surgery..blah blah blah. So I said to myself I am going to use the 6 weeks that I can't go to the gym to get back on track and get these pounds off so that come April 1st I can hit it hard. I got back down to 147 for 1 day!!! I can't seem to break 150 and it is driving me NUTS!!!! Then I go back to the gym and start weight lifting (2 days) and of course with the whole water inflamed muscle science the scale jumps to 155!!!! My husband (who is a 6 day hard core muscle builder) took my scale and hid it from me, made me promise to give it 4-6 weeks and he promised the water weight would come off. So then I start trying to remember how I use to eat also, maybe I 'm not eating right... but.. then I realized I forgot how I use to eat to get the weight to come off... URGH!!! And good Lord you can't research anything on Google because 1 thing tells you to eat 2000 cal and 100 carbs while weight training..WHAT??? Can't be right.. someone please help!!! All I want to do is stay a size 6, bulk up some lose skin in my arms and legs and not be a scale nazi! please....

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/15 3:26 am

Many people lose on the 800 calories, under 40 grams of carbs per day plan post VSG. However, that will probably be hard for you to do at 3 years post op. I know it is for me. I do much better now on 1200 calories per day and I monitor carbs so they stay around 50 to lose weight.

Your husband sounds like a sensible man!

CindyGuice
on 4/6/15 3:35 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

Thanks for the advice kairk! HAHA! He will love that someone finally thinks that! :)

Maggie58
on 4/8/15 3:48 pm

Thanks needed to hear that!

ipray
on 4/6/15 4:01 am
VSG on 11/06/14

It is wonderful that you have taken control before your weight gain got out of control.  In the past, I too have lost then regained here and there until (unlike you) I had gained everything back, plus more.  You have a great attitude.  Listen to your husband and you will be just fine.  Good luck to you!

CindyGuice
on 4/6/15 4:06 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

Awww thank you ipray! You are very kind. :) I am so neurotic about numbers and that awful scale... Its sad to admit but it can make or break my whole attitude for the day depending on the direction it has gone in... Good luck to you also!!!

Stacy_WLS
on 4/6/15 4:33 am

I totally get it.  I'm addicted to the scale and it has way more control over me than it should. 

I'd focus on protein & veggies & lots of water.  Keep your carbs under control and limited to dairy & veg.  It is hard to say what calories you should be at b/c we are all different.  

I'm currently maintaining / losing very slowly at 1300 / day.  I am 5'10 and weigh ~170.  Since you are smaller and want to lose, probably 1000-1200 would work.  

Good Luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

CindyGuice
on 4/6/15 4:56 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

Thank you Stacy! I am going to shoot for 1000 cals a day, less than 40 carbs, 80-100 of water and still continue to left with my husband. Lord please let this work!  Thanks for your input!! What I would give to be taller... at 5'4" I don't have much room for error... lol

Grim_Traveller
on 4/6/15 6:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Very often, working out harder and more often gets people to unconsciously eat more, because they are hungrier. You NEED a scale, but not the one your husband took. You need a kitchen scale. Weigh your food, keep close track of your intake, and you'll see progress.

You caught this early, and it's just a few pounds. Much better than 20 or 30, right? You can do it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Hislady
on 4/6/15 9:23 am - Vancouver, WA

DON'T LET YOUR MOOD BE DECIDED BY A THING! That is all!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 332 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views