UH-OH

happytoloose
on 4/6/15 2:45 pm

I got a little ****y with my program and my restriction has eased up tremendously. I traded in my protein shske in the morning for a protein bar a couple of weeks ago and am now noticing a lot less restriction. ive gone from an oz and a half to 4 or 5 oz at meal time.

Havent gained anything yet, but haven't lost any in about 2 weeks either. Im not quite 6 months out, have lost 116 but had good restriction all the way until now. Can it be the protein bars?

This week, I will slow down on my weight training a little to se if that gets the ball rolling again. I may be drinking too much water. 100 oz or so a day. still doing 60-70 g protein daily, just getting it with food now, no shakes.

Not so worried about the stall, ive had many of those, just the change in restriction that bugs me.

Any body else experience this? What did I read somewhere on here about a pouch reset?

I am just over half way to my goal, cant stop now!

Do I need to start weighing my portions now? Havent had to due to the fact I couldn't get much in.

All of a sudden, that seems to have changed.

Any input will be appreciated.

Rod

mickeymantle
on 4/6/15 3:48 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

that is about how much you should be eating at 6 months , your better eating food than shakes and the bars should not be a everyday thing , they tend to be high in calories

I eat 80 gm protien as instructed by my surgeon but many people eat 65 gm depends on your height and build 

there is no such thing as to much water the more you drink the better for you kidneys

you should have been weighing and tracking all your food from day 1

there is no such thing as a sleeve reset , it is a way some people use to get back on plan they start all over from full liquids and work thru there plan again

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/6/15 9:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Your sleeve is maturing. I'm almost a year out & I've noticed that I can eat more b4 I feel the restriction, this to me is normal. 

One thing I try to practice & that's under eating my sleeve. There's no need for me to eat till I feel full, only till I feel satisfied.

Weighing & tracking your food is necessary, you could be eating more than you know,protein bars tend to have a lot of calories. Good Luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sandra F.
on 4/6/15 11:19 pm

I am 6 months out and was stalled for 1 month between months 5-6.  I think our bodies have to catch up with the increase in calories that we are taking in now.  I have recently broken my stall.  Good luck to you!

Tracy D.
on 4/7/15 2:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

4-5 oz. of dense protein at one meal at 6 months out?  That sounds like a bit much too me (and I base this on my husband's VSG, not mine).  Another poster has suggested undereating your sleeve - please do that.  You should not be eating until you feel "full".  Restriction will continue to ease up over the next year or so.  Don't let it mess with your portion sizes.  Measure and weigh everything and remember that just because you CAN eat something doesn't mean you SHOULD eat it. 

3 oz. at this time should be satisfying you - that's 3 oz. of dense protein.  Weigh it and only put that much on your plate.  If you can finish that then add in some veggies.  

You're doing great on the protein.  And 100 oz. of water if you are exercising is just right.  You are NOT drinking too much water!  

Keep up the great work - you are getting there! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active