Vitamins

zoopop17
on 4/8/15 1:13 am

Good Morning Everyone,

I am almost 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good.  I lost 15 pounds during my pre-op diet and have lost 13 since my surgery 12 days ago.  I am on a clear liquid diet until Friday and then I get to move on to a full liquid diet.  I'll be so happy to stop eating broth!  My doctor recommended these vitamins from Bariatric Advantage.  I am taking the Vitaband and Calcium Citrate.  Both are chewable, but both are massive.  They are like giant sweet tarts and it is so hard to get them down, especially the calcium   I know how important it is for me to take these vitamins, so my questions is does anyone have a vitamin that they really like that would have comparable nutrients, but perhaps taste better?

mickeymantle
on 4/8/15 1:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the centrin chewable taste alot better , also gnc has a yummy soft chewables that taste like candy ( they have free  samples ) and you can  return them if you don't like them but you will have to add a iron pill to them they don't have iron in them there also both alot cheaper than the bariatric ones and I had the oked by both my nut and surgeon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kinde
on 4/8/15 3:34 am

The Bariatric Advantage did not sit well with me either.  I checked with my doctor and I am now taking the gummies by GNC and they work better for me! Congrats on your loss!

Beth Of Fletchair
on 4/8/15 4:27 am
with

After 6 months on those stupid "sweet tart" vitamins and calcium I am so happy with fruit flavored gummies and sugar free calcium chewies!  They taste about a million times better!  Trader Joe's has great ones. 

Luvmygs
on 4/8/15 6:09 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I started taking Centrum chewables and still enjoying them even at 4 months post-op. I also took Bluebonnet liquid calcium with Magnesium Citrate. Comes in many flavors. I'm getting ready to change over to a chewable calcium, Twinlab. I wanted to finish off my liquid first.

Valerie G.
on 4/9/15 11:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm a huge fan of Patchmd multi-plus patches. 

I put one on in the evening and remove it in the morning. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 193 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views