Traveling with protein powder!

PrayMore
on 4/8/15 2:41 am

Thanks so much guys! Appreciate your experience and advice! Love the OH community for help and support!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Jen H.
on 4/8/15 2:54 am - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Traveled two of the last four weeks flying out of several different airports.  I had my Jay Robb and my Click with me.  The Jay Robb was in individual packets that I got by the checkout at Vitamin Shoppe.  The main reason I got those instead was convenience and easier packing.  The Click was in the big cannister.  My vitamins were in a daily pill case with my chewy calcium things just in their baggie.

One airport opened my carry on to look at the big cannister only and just closed it right back up and sent me on my way.  The other ones didn't even blink.

PrayMore
on 4/8/15 3:39 am

Thanks! I'm going to try to find the Jay Robb at the Vitamin Shoppe near me! Sounds great to have the individual and labeled packets. I think it's good to find other products that I like, too. Hope I like it! THANK YOU!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 5:53 am

I travel with protein powder all the time! I just measure it out and mete it out in individual ziplock bags. Then I put the ziplock bags in to a big ziplock and into the suitcase it all goes. Never, ever and issue. I've been doing this regularly for 4 years. I wouldn't worry about buying individual packets of powder if you really like what you are using!

Just my two cents.

Gwen M.
on 4/8/15 10:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm going to Norway in June and I'll be measuring out my protein shake concoction into single serve ziplock bags.  Not worried at all.  :)  Worst case, I can buy more stuff there.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/8/15 12:19 pm - MI

Hey there! I'm five months out and I just flew back from vacation last night. I had protein powder to and from and TSA didn't question me either time (I brought in my carry on****pt it in its original packing. I have had luggage one too many times so that is why I opted to put the protein powder in my carry on. I also had my Mom's medication (one of the pills in a baggie) and I wasn't questioned about that either.

However, I was questioned about the 10 lbs of various kielbasa in my carry on! Lol! My family is polish and they can't get a certain kind of kielbasa in Florida! :)

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Kelly-AnneH
on 4/10/15 6:55 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
We travel quite a lot and I carry my protein powder in my Carryon - in a labelled double ziploc to avoid spills. One thing worth noting - fine powders "read" as liquids as they go through the scanner. I find it simplest to take my bag of protein powder out of my bag and plop it in the tray beside my bag of liquids.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 152 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 425 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views