Visit with my PCP.

BrookaTM
on 4/9/15 4:05 am

I had a great visit with my PCP this morning.  He wants to adjust my insulin a little to prevent morning highs but other than that he was happy with how I am doing.  I brought up weight loss surgery and to my surprise, he was absolutely supportive.  He wanted me to check out a program closer to home, so that help would be closer if there were complications.. but he is more than willing to get my labs done and take care of my needs post operatively. 

he said that addressing my weight loss as a illness that I had that needed fixed was a better way than thinking that it was some lack of character on my part that was keeping me from losing weight.  He told me that he had absolute confidence in my decision.  (I should point out that he is a Family Practice doctor, and I am a nurse on our Labor and Delivery floor that also takes care of sick newborns, so I have a working relationship with him....)

Anyway, that made me feel pretty happy... so now I have a supportive husband, a supportive family, and a supportive PCP.  I think these pieces are fitting together quite nicely.

In other news... My next appt at Weight Wise is the 30th of April.  I have lost 8 pounds and have 22 more to go.  *sigh*  

HW 342, Consult weight 317, 308 current weight   

Gwen M.
on 4/9/15 4:13 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your doctor sounds like a keeper.  How wonderful!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mickeymantle
on 4/9/15 8:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like a great doctor , I had to change mine after I got my referral she was so against it , even told my my stomach would explode

now I have a great internist that takes care of my labs diabetes ,(just took me off my last med ,metifoman )

check out the surgeon he recommended, he/she might be better , as long as not a lot worst, closer is better 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views