Still unable to burp.

TanyaR
on 4/8/15 2:12 am

5 days post op and still unable to burp, it gets stuck in my chest so drinking is horrible! Anyone else go thru this please help. I don't want to get dehydrated.

happycampertoo
on 4/8/15 3:57 am
VSG on 04/06/15

I am 3 days post op and hav a little issue drinking water. I take baby sips and sometimes a little burp comes up. I read on the site somewhere to exhale as you take a drink. I try to remember to do that and it seems to help.  I take very small sips. I wonder if the gas-x strips would help. Hope you feel better soon.

Hislady
on 4/8/15 5:36 am - Vancouver, WA

Everything inside you is swollen from the surgery so tissue is very cramped up and tight in there leaving little room for gas to slide out in a burp. You can certainly try gas x it won't hurt anything and if the gas is in you tummy it should help get it out or settled down. Now if it is in your body itself, from when they put air in your body to swell it up for surgery it won't help. For that you need to keep walking, walking, walking! It can be very uncomfortable but will fade as time goes by.

Luvmygs
on 4/8/15 6:01 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You are still very swollen from the surgery. Try not to drink too fast or too much, little sips at a time. I remember after surgery, if I drank too much it felt like it was stuck in my chest too. It does get better. Good luck.

elliebean78
on 4/12/15 3:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 02/19/15

For about 2 weeks, literally everything got caught in my throat/chest, and it HURT. It felt like it was fighting to go down, while air was fighting to come up, and it was miserable. It will definitely pass soon though. Hope you feel better soon! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views