PMS hunger and cravings!!

Julie81
on 4/12/15 10:11 pm

I'm 8 weeks out and coming up on my 3rd period post op. I have PCOS and PMDD.. So my PMS symptoms are worse than the average women. I got my period five days after my VSG.. That could explain why I wanted steak on day 2 post op!!!I still get really intense hunger and pms cravings.. For salt and chocolate. More salt than pre op. Does this still happen to you ladies?!

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

MarcyisMyName
on 4/12/15 10:39 pm

Yes! The cravings are crazy for me for anywhere from 3 days to a week pre-period. It is awful. 

Julie81
on 4/12/15 11:08 pm

The worst!!!

wyo_sarah
on 4/13/15 12:01 am

I never really noticed PMS cravings before surgery, but I certainly do now.  I think beforehand I just ate whatever I wanted, but since I'm very careful about what I eat now, my PMS cravings are terrible.  I'm 9 months post op and it hasn't gotten any better.

Julie81
on 4/13/15 12:06 am

My cravings and hunger were always out of control pre op. Now it's almost more the hunger than the cravings. The other day.. I got a burrito bowl from Chiptole ( to go). My boyfriend stopped at the liquor store on the way home.. I couldn't wait.. I had to eat some in the car. The hunger was that bad!

wyo_sarah
on 4/13/15 12:31 am

I totally get that.  And I crave stuff I shouldn't eat, like popcorn and chocolate.  I think I didn't notice before surgery because I just ate and ate and ate and never really paid attention!  I figure a few days out of the month where I eat some things I shouldn't isn't going to kill me.  I'm 9 months post op and have lost 110 lbs and have a normal BMI and have surpassed by original goal.  I think that it is okay if I need to have a square or two of dark chocolate to keep my brain and emotions feeling okay.

Julie81
on 4/13/15 12:42 am

I def have the cravings too and have been eating some stuff I shouldn't.. Like Easter candy and pretzels. Of course the amount is no where near what is was pre op but I know I still shouldn't be having these foods.. Although I agree with you; once in awhile is ok; we human and women with all kinds of hormones!

its almost scary how easy the " bad food" stays down and never makes me sick.

congrats on your weight loss! I gained a pound from last week.. I'm blaming it on Easter, pms cravings and water weight.

wyo_sarah
on 4/13/15 12:49 am

I fluctuate too.  I think that is just part of the game and you can't let it get you down.  I wasn't a good eater over the weekend.  I LOVE popcorn and we went to this fair type event and I bought a bag of popcorn to share with my family and I ate way too much.  I also didn't drink enough water.  I do great during the week, but weekends are tough for me.  So, this morning when I weighed myself I was up almost a pound from Friday.  But, I'm sure it will come back off when I get back into my routine for the week.  Keep up the positive attitude!

Julie81
on 4/13/15 2:46 am

Yes you too!! Remember all your success!

NanfromSan
on 4/13/15 1:44 pm
VSG on 12/09/14

Monstrous cravings!  Before surgery I was really a cake and sometimes cookie person.  Always vanilla.  After surgery I have an insatiable need for chocolate that I joke around with my dark skinned son and tell him "get outta here before I take a bite out of you!" LOL I have one piece, maybe two.  If I gain weight it is off by the time it's over.   likely jus****er weight.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Most Active