13 lbs to lose before surgery

jeepsportgirl
on 4/14/15 11:07 am
VSG on 08/10/15

I'm mid way through the process of preparing for my VSG surgery. I had my psych eval tonight; my endoscopy is may 13th, and they expect i will have lost 13 pounds by may 21st. I'm very nervous as I'm struggling so far. The doctor I'm using requires his patients to follow the South Beach diet. But I'm struggling to get and stay motivated with the diet. I feel like I won't hit the13lbs. Anyone have any words of wisdom? 

Amy M.
on 4/14/15 11:47 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Think about why you're doing this for yourself.  Getting healthy should be your number 1 motivation.  I know it's hard but you've just gotta set your mind to it.  Follow your meal plan and occupy your mind in between meals.  Record every single thing that goes in your mouth with a food journal or app like MyFitnessPal and post on your blog for accountability.   You can do this.  You can do anything you set your mind to.  The meal plan immediately following surgery is very strict.  Just think of this as training.

GabyStP0126
on 4/14/15 12:29 pm - Edmonton, Canada

Before you put anything into your mouth, ask yourself if it is nutritious for you and good for you in the long run. Also maybe try pre-planning everything you are going to eat the day before.

Get rid of any junk food in your house. You can only eat what you have right? Also you can try experimenting with different healthy recipes and find some alternatives for things that you usually enjoy. For example, I love chips. But instead I make kale chips and I season them and they are SO good.

Hope that helps? :) Good luck