My hair is back!

greensleeved
on 4/17/15 5:37 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Around January/ February I was really feeling down because of my thinning hair. Despite what I'd read on this site I was afraid it wouldn't grow back. My mother's hair started getting much thinner in her 40s and I just turned 45 so I was concerned that genetic factors plus surgery would mean fine hair forever. NOT SO! It's back and I am so grateful and happy with the way I look and feel.

For anyone out there going through the shedding phase, don't worry. It's so worth it in the long run. I went from a size 26/28 to a 14/16 (and still losing) and my hair looks great.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/17/15 12:26 pm - MI

How far are you out? I'm currently losing hair, but I have noticed that hair loss has slowed down this past month! You're doing great with the sizes you're down! Way to go!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

greensleeved
on 4/17/15 10:57 pm
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I'm about 9 months out. It started falling out pretty heavily around 4 months and that lasted a couple of months. My new hairs are now about 2 inches long (finally long enough to lay down and not give me porcupine head), so I think they probably started growing in right away when the old ones fell out.

I know it's different for everyone, but most people seem to lose it in the first six months and grow it back in the next six months. Don't worry!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

TeressaJ
on 4/17/15 2:23 pm

I'm 10 months post op and it seems mine slows down falling out then starts falling out again! Tonight a handful came out in the shower but last night very little came out. I know new hair is growing in because I look somewhat like a porcupine on top! I really hope I stop shedding soon.

NikkyBeauty
on 4/17/15 7:08 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Lucky you! Mine just started thinning it's hard on me because I have really thick hair and I wear extensions to help my natural hair to grow and protect it and the tension from the extensions is making the thinning worst! I might have to opt for a wig soon. But glad to hear and know it does grow back I just hope I don't end up bald

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175