Buffalo Chicken

Shanae1
on 4/21/15 10:14 am - Marana, AZ
VSG on 03/21/14

I was looking through the thread "whatcha eating today VSGers" and I see a lot of people say they eat buffalo chicken. I am assuming its all the same recipe or same thing. Is there a recipe for the buffalo chicken? I am making my shopping list right now and want to get the stuff to make it! Thanks in advance!

Surgery on 3/21/2014 with Dr. Ramos Kelly.   HW:385 SW:358 CW: 240

MAchick
on 4/21/15 10:25 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I make a bunch of different types of buffalo chicken. Sometimes I make buffalo chicken meatballs with ground chicken, sometimes I just saute rotisserie chicken in a pan with buffalo sauce, sometimes I toss grilled chicken in sauce, sometimes I have buffalo chicken wings, sometimes I make buffalo chicken dip.

GooseGirl
on 4/21/15 11:44 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I make several variations as well. Here are some of my favorites:

• Throw some chicken in the crock pot with a package of ranch dressing and a bottle of buffalo sauce and let it cook on low for several hours is a super easy one.
  • I make a lot of roll ups with Boars Head chicken breast, some Frank's red hot sauce and whatever cheese currently has my fancy. Heat it up in a skillet and it's ooey gooey yummy
  • Saute skinless chicken tenders (i found chicken tenders work better than breasts for my portions) in buffalo sauce

Have fun experimenting. There are a ton of recipes out there to play with. i never cooked before VSG. Playing with all of these recipes has been more enjoyable than I expected. 

more2adore
on 4/21/15 6:37 pm, edited 4/21/15 6:47 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

I don't post in the "Whatcha eatin" threads typically, but this is my favorite low-carb high-protein Buffalo Chicken recipe. Hubby and I both love it, and it's easy. It's a slow cooker recipe, so you can "set it and forget it" while you go to work and have dinner ready when you get home. We typically serve it with a little crumbled bleu cheese on top. :) 

http://vsginny.tumblr.com/post/106968355931/what-you-see-bef ore-you-here-is-a-little-piece-of

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/21/15 10:07 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Go to the website the world according to eggface. I have used her recipe. It was pretty good and lasted me for a weeks worth of lunches. She has tons of useful recipes.

ElizaM
on 4/22/15 1:06 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Regular old buffalo chicken wings (as long as they aren't breaded) are a perfectly fine choice in my book. Be wary of BBQ or sweet sauces, but the normal hot wing sauce is fine.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/22/15 5:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Here's a recipe close to what I do.

I use both boneless/skinless chicken breasts and thighs and Frank's Buffalo Chicken Hot Sauce along with the Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning mix.   I also throw in a finely sliced onion on the bottom of the crock pot and several minced cloves of garlic.  I love black pepper, so I add that as well.  

The chicken is very dense so make sure you measure out your portion before you eat it.  The first time I made this, my eyes were WAY bigger than my stomach and I thought I was going to explode.  I portion out any leftovers and freeze them in containers which I bring to my office for lunch.  

Enjoy! 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views