Pregnancy weight and bruised ego

Allison L.
on 5/7/15 4:39 pm - Berkeley, CA

I'm nearly 21 weeks pregnant and up 10 pounds. I know this is perfectly normal, but it's hard to see those numbers creep up! Can anyone relate? I know there's a pregnancy forum, but wanted to post this in the main forum to reach a few more of y'all. :)

greensleeved
on 5/7/15 5:33 pm
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I was pregant before VSG, but I can imagine how I would feel seeing the numbers go up now. Actually, I would love to see the numbers go up because of prenancy but I'm too old :(  So we're pursuing adoption. Is this your first child? All I can say is that it is totally worth it in the long run. You will be totally in love with your new baby and not concerned at all with your body, except what an amazing apparatus it is!

Don't concentrate on the numbers. Concentrate on your health. If you are eating healthfully you will be in great shape after giving birth. I actually was much healthier while pregnant because I had someone to look out for besides myself.

And congrats!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Chilipepper
on 5/8/15 5:38 am

You are having a baby!! Yay!! You need to concentrate on giving that baby everything it needs. You will put on some baby weight and it will come off after the arrival. Be thankful you had your WLS and you were blessed to be able to go through your pregnancy healthier and stronger. 

You have your tool to lose weight. It will always be there. 

Please enjoy this time and not worry about the other stuff. 

Congratulations!!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views