Finally getting back on track

jejames2005
on 5/8/15 7:59 am - Phoenix, AZ

I am finally getting back to my routine after a month of bad decisions. It took some self reflection to understand my addiction to food was greater than I thought. Luckly I am still loosing but it took a wake up call from my boss to set me straight. My boss also has the gastric sleeve done 5 years ago and went from 400 to 250 but then she stopped her regiment and was stuck there. She warned me not to get lazy unless I want to end up like her. That night I had a nightmare that I was still at 390 a year later. So because of these things I am even more determined to get through this.

momsy55
on 5/8/15 8:52 am - ME

Glad to hear you're back on track!  You're right, for many of us, food addiction has a stronghold on us.  Once the pink cloud lifted for me, it got more real and difficult.  The good news is that, if we do persevere and follow our plan, even if there are detours along the way, we can have the success we always dreamed of!  We just have to acknowledge that the head stuff still exists, and then work on it.     Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

faylavi
on 5/8/15 1:58 am - Laurel, MD

I was off track for two years and regained a whopping 45 pounds. The struggle is real but the scale is moving and I have lost 25 pounds in the last two months. I cut carbs, sodium and most fat. It was and is TOUGH but I am staying the course. My biggest challenge is that I have to cook. I initially gave up coffee but it's back in small doses. 

I should have been at goal by now...I am no longer beating myself up. I guess my path was not supposed to be a straight declining line of weight loss.

Be honest with yourself and embrace your journey. Seems simple but it works.  I'm pulling for you!

fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Tracy D.
on 5/8/15 9:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I went to our local WLS support group last night and heard two stories from ladies who had RNY years ago...and both gained back ALL their weight plus bonus pounds!   Each of them said that they started grazing all day long, eating the carb-high foods again and that the weight flew back on.  One of them is looking at a revision.  

I sat there and thought, "****!  That could SO be me in a few years!!"  In the last year I've let 10 lbs. creep back on and if I don't get it under control now it will be 10 more pounds next year...and the next year...and then I'll be the woman complaining how this "surgery didn't work".  

Good for you for being honest and getting back with the program 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/15 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad you are back on plan. It takes a lot of effort to stick with it, and it takes a lot to admit you were messing up and do something about it. Nice job.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ipray
on 5/8/15 12:46 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

It sounds like you have a caring and compassionate boss to share her experience and concern.  Good luck to you!

Mary Gee
on 5/8/15 12:54 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Good for you for getting back on track ..... I'm struggling right now, and your post is an inspiration to me.  BTW, you've got a great boss!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Lillydivine
on 5/8/15 5:50 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

I've been off track the past week or so. I'm a month post op and have resorted to my old habit of eating a 'bad' food and then telling myself what a sorry loser I am. But today, I was right on track and decided to fight my self head games.

So good for you to get back on the plan!

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

Nmmsg
on 5/9/15 6:01 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Good luck on being back on track.  Even out almost two years, I have to be vigialnt everyday. Most days I follow my general weight loss plan.  It is comfortable and agrees with me.  Even with that my weight flutuates 5 lbs.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 356 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 403 views