Newbie & Surgery Date~ June 9th !!

dtaylor24
on 5/17/15 12:09 am - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

Hi everyone! I have been lurking online for several months reading everyone's progress and am excited to say my surgery date is June 9th. I still need to lose 7 more pounds before surgery or my surgeon will cancel my surgery. I have my fitness pal downloaded on my phone and this has helped me keep up with my calories and food intake. This forum is awesome! Any June sleevers?

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/18/15 2:44 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Glad to see you decided to post and not just lurk. I think most people did something like that. I know I read a lot of parts on the board before I actually joined.  This is a great place to ask all the questions you need to ask. God luck on making your goal. The time will fly and surgery will be here before you know it. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

dtaylor24
on 5/18/15 3:03 pm - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

Thanks for the reply. Congrats on your successful weight loss. Keep up the good work. I am nervous about the surgery that's for sure. 

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 5/18/15 3:34 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Yeah it gets to be a mix of nervous and excited. I heard another person say this on the board. If I had to get the surgery once a year to get these results I would.  Trust your doctor and there team. Follow their plan and you will have great success.  

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

28paws
on 5/31/15 10:11 am

I am having surgery on June 17th and my sister is having it on June 10th. I'm super excited but scared too. I start my pre-op liquid diet on Wednesday and this weekend I've eaten like there's no tomorrow. 

dtaylor24
on 5/31/15 12:52 pm - TN
VSG on 06/09/15

28paws that is awesome you & your sister are having the surgery so close together. You both can support each other in your weight loss journey! I have lost 13 pounds since I started my healthy eating diet. My doctor doesn't require me to do a pre-op liquid diet only the night before he wants me to start at 1:00 Magnesium citrate to clean me out. Glad to know someone else is having their surgery so close to mine! Good luck to both of you!

28paws
on 5/31/15 4:18 pm

I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you!  Good luck!

picky4areason
on 5/31/15 1:41 pm - South Holland, IL

I just had my sleeve done Friday, May 29th all went well. I am doing everything the nurses and docs are telling me (walking, incentive spirometer, eating small bite and taking it slow). Good luck and my best pointers are, bring chapstick, sugar fee lozengers and get a scopulmine patch from anesthesia if you have a nausea issue.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views