Whatcha eating today VSGers...Friday!!

GooseGirl
on 5/23/15 12:02 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks Gwen. I did go see my surgeon yesterday. He ruled out a hernia (which was his first thought). I really, really like my surgeon. As he put it there were 3 options he was considering 1) it could be diverticulitis. Apparently most of my symptoms match except I have no fever and the pain seems to be brought on by drinking water. Water should have no correlation. 2) I'm a woman (he wanted to make sure I knew that) and it could be an ovarian cyst 3) There isn't anything wrong with me and I'm just weird. 

I'm hoping for option 3 :) I have to be at the hospital at 7 am on Tuesday for some tests to try to determine what it is. He actually isn't the surgeon on call this week however, he notified the on call doc that if I were to call in over the holiday weekend that he wanted to be notified so he could handle it. My surgeon is awesome.

Regarding your fall schedule, YES you are going to be crazy busy. I do worry about you a little bit but I figure you know best what you can and cannot handle. Juggling 3 full time jobs plus things with your father seems like a lot. Your schedule also doesn't seem to leave a lot of "me" time. Remember that when you are pushing yourself that hard you also need to take some time to rest and recover... not just physically but also mentally and emotionally. I don't know if you are a type A personality but your schedule reminds me of what I tend to do. I tend to throw myself waaaayyyy into something and then risk burning out. From your posts I am convinced you have a good head on your shoulders. I imagine you are watching out for transfer addiction to exercise or the the mental game that my perfectionist personality wants to play which is to "be the best WLS patient you can be that you can be" then I think you will be fine. 

Wow. That was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. I hope that I wasn't presumptuous or offended you by sharing my thoughts. I really do have a lot of respect and admiration for you and everything you are doing!

Gwen M.
on 5/23/15 1:18 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I am far from offended, actually.  You bring up a good point that my schedule has no me time - and, really, by that I mean no "down" me time.  I think of the exercise and college as being "me" time, since it's time spent solely for the improvement of me, but it's not the same as actually getting down time to read for fun, or color, or whatever.  So I'm definitely going to need to make time to find that.  I do tend to go 100% into something when I start.  

Really, I appreciate that you wrote all of this.  I'm going to save it to revisit every so often.  I can get caught up in doing all of these awesome things that, sometimes, I forget I still need to abide by rule #10 - be kind to myself.  

And I'll also be hoping for your option #3.  "Nothing is wrong, you're just weird."  But, if that's not it, I hope it's something really easy to diagnose and fix!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lamanda38
on 5/22/15 9:21 pm

Hello All!

B: Vanilla Caffe Latte

L: Lean Cuisine Supreme Pizza

D: nothing

W & V: Good

E: Aerobics @gym

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views