Whatcha eating today VSGers...Friday!!

GooseGirl
on 5/22/15 6:33 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Happy Friday and even better it's a holiday weekend. My brother served overseas and our family is so lucky that he made it safely home. I know that there are lots of friends and families out there who were not equally blessed and I encourage folks to take a few moments this weekend to think of the folks who haven't made it home and the ones they left behind. 

It's been a weird 16 hours or so. The last couple of months I would randomly feel some pain, almost like a really bad side ache, after drinking water. It never lasted long and didn't happen very often. I had decided it was mostly likely when I drank too much or maybe wasn't as good about breathing out when drinking. This week they have been happening more often and then last night it happened and lasted a really long time (multiple hours as opposed to the normal 5 - 10 minutes). I ended up calling the on call doctor last night and now I"m headed to the surgeon today to be checked out. Luckily things did subside last night and I didn't have to go the ER which was a huge relief. I really don't think anything is seriously wrong but it is frustrating to not know what is going on with your own body. And, I had to cut my walk short because of the pain. I think some of the other folks at the park thought I was cracked in the head when they walked past me and I was moaning. My meals are all off today as I try to baby my stomach at least until I see the surgeon. 

B: Protein Shake

L: Soup of some type

D: Heck if I know. It will depend on if the surgeon tells me to make any changes to my diet. I really don't like being this unclear with my daily meal plan. 

W&V: Started but I am being very slow with the water today.

E: I wish. I skipped boot camp and walking this morning just in case this is maybe something as simple as a pulled muscle. I don't think that's it but figured I would be overly cautious. 

NEXT?

mmsmom
on 5/22/15 7:16 am - Woburn, MA

B:  steel cut oats cooked in unsweetened almond milk, yummmmy

L:  summer roll from Wegmans, i think

S:  animal crackers

D:  i think a hot dog on the grill and salad

S:  skinny cow ice cream sandwich

E:  hoping to walk - enjoying spring finally being here

V:  not yet

L:  On track

VSG on 04/28/2014

JoeyJo
on 5/22/15 7:49 am - NJ

I hope you are alright.  Let us know what the surgeon says.  Good luck!

B: Quest bar - lemon + banana (I was very hungry this morning, probably because I had a very light dinner last night and played softball.)

L: Turkey and cheddar sub from Hess Express sans roll.

S:  Light & Fit Greek yogurt - toasted coconut flavor

D:  Probably a cheesesteak sandwich again without the roll.

W:  Ahead of schedule

V:  I forgot one!  I never forget but my morning was mixed up.  I will take it tonight.  Thank you for the reminder!

E: I am on track for my 10,000 steps but plan to walk my dogs around the reservoir tonight with my son. 

GooseGirl
on 5/23/15 11:44 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Thanks for the good wishes. The doc has a few theories and we are going to do more tests next week to see if he can find an answer. 

rumpole6
on 5/22/15 8:32 am

Happy Firday/ I hope to leave a little early today to beat the traffic. We'll see.

B: chobani plain yogurt, 1/2 banana, splenda, coffee, cream

L: Tunafish, cheddar, baby carrots

D: either turkey or beef burger, L&T, Foldit wrap

S: Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt.

V: on track

W; a little behind

E: not sure, not feeling well. will do some walking as I need to get around.

I am not feeling well today. I hope its only temporary or lack of sleep or something.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

yvonnef1964
on 5/22/15 8:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

B: ham and cheese omelet

S: string cheese

L: cottage cheese and ham and turkey deli meat

S: greek yogurt

D: turkey sausage and green beans

S:  beef jerky and SF fudgesicle

W & V:  on track

E:  walking

Y D.
on 5/22/15 9:11 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Happy Friday! Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend.

I hope it stops raining... and that it's not raining in Mexico, where I'm spending the weekend! Ay ay ay.

B: Protein Coffee

S:String Cheese

L: Teriyaki Beef

S: Greek Yogurt

D: Not sure

Shy_Girl
on 5/22/15 9:46 am

B: Turkey Taco

S: Blackberries

L: Protein Shake

S: Blackberries

D: Turkey Burger

S: Protein Shake

TOTAL: 910 calories/46 net carbs/101 grams of protein

Steps: 18,597

Exercise: 1 mile WATP

GooseGirl
on 5/23/15 11:44 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Have fun in Mexico. I am jealous :)

Gwen M.
on 5/22/15 1:08 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so unwell!  I hope that your doctor figures things out sooner rather than later.  Do you have an appointment scheduled?  

I spent my morning at fitness classes and then started thinking really hard about what my schedule will be in the fall.  I posted to my blog about that, so I'll just link in case anyone wants to read about how hectic my life is going to become.  

1: frankenshake
2: leftover slow cooker chipotle "fajita chili"
2.1: nuts
3: random grilled steaks, oven roasted asparagus and bell pepper salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: 60 minutes piyo class, 60 minutes tai chi class, 60 minutes pilates class

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active