What if all calories aren't really equal???

Beth Of Fletchair
on 6/6/15 7:28 am
with

Most of us are diligently counting carbs, protein and calories.  What if our concept of the amount of calories in food needs to be revisited???

Here's some interesting information if you are trying to limit your calorie intake.

psren13
on 6/6/15 9:05 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Very interesting and informative article.. Thanks..

KathyA999
on 6/6/15 1:55 pm

Yup, I've been living with this reality since surgery.  Sugar and refined grains = cravings, inflammation (sore joints and water retention), and weight gain.  (Actually all grains, refined or whole, seem to create cravings for me.)  Most processed food contains a lot of sugar and refined carbs - and of course salt, preservatives and other chemicals.  My maintenance food plan leans toward Paleo and is fairly high in fat, because as it turns out, fat didn't make me fat.  Refined carbs did.

Thanks for the article!  (And thanks for making it a hyperlink!)

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/15 4:18 pm

Not only that. But what were know about calories is only approximation of what or body get from it. 

Proteins = 4 cal, per gr...well...not always... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."