_idonerds
on 6/8/15 6:15 am - Mount vernon, NY
with

1. replacing clothing is expensive

2. replacing bra and panties is even more expensive

3.i can't  wear shorts because of extra skin

4. spanks and spank like things are my new best friends

5. my new found happiness will make other people uncomfortable

oh and I've been MIA for a while I'm 4 months out and 106 lb lighter... went from a 3x top to a xl or l and from a 24 or 26 to a 16 

Jennsumner722
on 6/8/15 6:43 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Great job!!!! 

Gwen M.
on 6/8/15 7:46 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I stick to knee length shorts these days.  And I LOVE baring my legs, oh my gosh.  We had a cold snap last week and I had to wear long skirts/pants and it sucked.  I've gotten so used to naked legs!  :D  

I switched to one size fits all skirts pretty early on in my weight loss.  I'm still able to wear the skirts I bought a year ago as a result and that's helped with costs a bit.  Of course, now I have a skirt addiction so I've bought entirely too many ;)  But at least that means I've only really had to buy exercise clothes (omg, expensive) and shirts and bras and panties... 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mickeymantle
on 6/8/15 8:36 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

great job , I find that good will is your best friend and for everyday cloths not to buy expensive cloths because  they will not fit you in a short time

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kympiggie
on 6/8/15 8:41 am
VSG on 05/28/13

Congratualtions on the loss of 106 lbs!  Amazing!  I, too know how crazy it is to go through clothes.  Second hand shops became my best friend.  I made the mistake of buying a few items that I fell in love with early on and then slid right out of them within a week or two.  What a waste!  LOL!  I still have a few 'prized' items that I kept and am going to take them to a tailor once I reach my goal. 

Kym :)

psychoticparrot
on 6/8/15 10:46 am

Ways to cope with clothing as you lose weight:

1. If you have a sewing machine, pants and skirts can be taken in at the side seams almost to target weight. I'm even going to take a stab at taking in the seam in my bra cups, as they are starting to wrinkle up because of smaller boobs.

2. Shop Wal-Mart, thrift and other low-cost clothing stores. No sense spending a lot of money on clothes you're only going to wear for a short time. You may not look like a fashionista, but it's temporary.

3. 106 pounds in 4 months! Way to go!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Superchunk77
on 6/8/15 11:08 am

I just a bought a whole new wardrobe at Goodwill.  Half of the items I found still had the tags on them.  I bought a bunch of new panties on ebay because I am a big fan of Elomi and bras I just suck it up on and buy them because there are somethings that I will not compromise on.  I do not wear shorts above the knee or short skirts or dresses either.. not that I would wear a mini skirt at 38 lol.  Yes, with the shedding of the weight.. I have also shed some friends. Sad really because I am super fun and they are going to miss out.   

mmsmom
on 6/8/15 12:29 pm - Woburn, MA

1. Expensive, but FUN!

2. I still have some undies I plan to use for parasailing

3.  I am over the extra skin - wearing my shorts

4.  spanx - yuck - I refuse to be uncomforable

5  I have had very good luck with supportive friends and family - and one friend who has not acknowledged my weight loss - it just makes me laugh - obviously her problem, not mine

6.  Went to the dr today (trigger finger doctor) - and the nurse looked at my chart and said, "It says you weight 202 lbs..." (I was 122 this am) - the look on his face was priceless!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Oneillch
on 6/8/15 1:37 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Congrats on the 106! Isn't this an amazing journey......For Mother's Day, my daughter presented me with a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret. She said that I needed to feel "sexy" again and to get rid of my droopy drawers. I'm not quite ready for VS, but am so looking forward to going before the summer is out.

1NJmommy
on 9/5/15 6:37 pm

I haven't been around for a while, but your weight loss is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views