Whatcha eating today VSGers...Thursday!!

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 5:39 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Good morning everyone. I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit frustrated today as I try to wade through differing doctor's opinions. Most of my frustration is likely coming for a simple lack of patience which somehow isn't helping me to realize :) Apparently I have a small bowel obstruction. Has anyone dealt with that? And if you did what advice were you given to help resolve the issue? Meals are still in flux while I navigate this situation. I'm trying to avoid going on full liquids and focusing on liquids and easy to process foods. Each meal is an adventure :)

B: Protein Shake

L: scrambled eggs 

D: Chicken salad if there was no pain after lunch. Otherwise this will be another protein shake

S: Protein shake

W&V: Started water but not vitamins yet. Glad that I posted since it reminded me. 

E: Taking time off exercise while my calories are lower. Actually works out since my hip is still flared up from the half marathon

Next? Someone post some yummy meals so that I can live vicariously through you guys 

cappy11448
on 6/18/15 6:20 am

Hi All,

I had another sleepless night and ended up eating crackers at 3AM.  sigh.  I have about 2 more weeks in my job, and then I'll be out of the stress.  Until then I guess I'll do what I have to to manage the stress.

breakfast - salmon

lunch1 - thai chicken in peanut sauce

lunch2 - crustless mushroom quiche

dinner - pulled pork or phily cheese steak sloppy joes

vitamins - on track

water - good

exercise - weight training and recumbent bike

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

rumpole6
on 6/18/15 6:52 am

Hi, ended up with a stomache ache yesterday so I but I had planned an easer on the tummy option so that is what I went with. I always forget that soup out is usually loaded with sodium, calories and carbs so the numbers weren't that good yesterday. I got a better day planned for today

B: Turkey sausage, babybel cheese, coffeee, cream

L; Leftover roasted chicken thigh, canteloupe.

S: Dannon L&F greeek yogurt

D; Leftover Italian chicken salad.

V: On track

E: on track

W: on track

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

Oneillch
on 6/18/15 7:20 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Lately, I have been battling the late night demons. Everthing goes great during the day, but the kitchen voices have been calling late at night. Sometimes I give in & sometimes I don't. I don't want this old habit to take hold. Can anyone share strategies that have worked for them?

B- 2 egg whites, 1/2 chicken sausage, spinach

L- Turkey salad & mixed greens

D- Zucchini lasagna

S- White chocolate shake (SF Cashew Milk w/1 tblsp of sf ff white chocolate pudding), maybe some almonds

cappy11448
on 6/18/15 11:29 am

When I was in weight-loss mode, I shifted my meals to later in the day.  Breakfast at 10AM, Lunch at 2pm and Dinner at 7pm.  That helped because I was in bed by 10PM, so it was only maybe an hour of resisting the snacks.  Another trick is to plan a healthy snack.  I make cucumbers in a dressing of plain yogurt, balsamic vinegar and artificial sweetener with some herbs thrown in.  Or I make broccoli slaw with Trader Joes broccoli slaw plus nuts and cranberries and a similar dressing.  These make great between meal snacks, as they are low calorie and tasty. 

Good luck with you late night cravings.  Its the worst time for me, too.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

GooseGirl
on 6/18/15 4:51 am, edited 6/18/15 4:51 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I do better when I follow this type of schedule too. Recently I have been staying awake later in the night and subsequently struggling more with the late night snacking urge. This is a great suggestion, thanks for sharing!

gwen41539
on 6/18/15 7:22 am - kimper, KY

B protein shake

L protein shake

D tilapia veggies 

In between liquids and jello

Did I mention yesterday pre op sucks HAHAHA I went to bed with a headache and still have it ughhhhh not happy today 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

rumpole6
on 6/18/15 7:27 am

They say (and I agree) that the 3rd day is the worst. You'll feel better after that.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

gettingreal
on 6/18/15 9:30 am

I'm 5 days post op, so mine is not that exciting....

B: vegetable broth with protein

S: 2 ounces jello

L: vegetable broth with protein

S: light yogurt

D: protein shake

S: s/f hot apple cider

On the up side - I'm feeling good and am losing weight.  :)

wyo_sarah
on 6/18/15 10:24 am

GooseGirl, I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I have a cousin who had a bowel obstruction.  It took the docs forever to figure out her problem.  She lost tons and tons of weight and could only eat fresh veggies and fruits.  They were the only things that didn't upset her belly.  She ended up having to have surgery to have it removed.  I hope yours doesn't get to that point.  I wish I had some ideas that could help.

For my meals today:

B: scrambled egg with leftover brisket, a jalapeno and cheese

L: Not sure yet... probably leftover ribs

D: Again, not sure yet, but probably leftover meat or perhaps some mozzarella cheese with prosciutto and tomatoes

V: on track

W: behind because I got up late

E: I won't have time today, but tomorrow we are going to Yellowstone so we will be hiking and walking like crazy for the next three days.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views