Got phone apps?

i8it77
on 6/26/15 9:06 am
VSG on 04/21/15

finally got a modern phone. I have no idea what good apps are for exercise and diet. what do you use? I have a samsung galaxy stardust. and one of the reasons I got it was for tracking.

Ready2goNOW
on 6/26/15 9:38 am

Congrats on new phone! I have a galaxy 4 & love it!

I use MyFitnessPal to track both my food & exercise. I am 'virtually' married to both aps as I am serious about this.

I also use 'Runkeeper' for timing & counting calories on my exercise. Most aps give you vastly different or way to high numbers for any given exercise. So I compare the MFP & Runkeeper.

Good luck!

Kathy

Bufflehead
on 6/26/15 9:40 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I use myfitnesspal, MapMyRun, and Heart Rate pretty regularly. When I was just getting started with running I used 5K Runner Pro in addition to MapMyRun. Now I use Seconds Pro to set up my own running training timers.

JoeyJo
on 6/26/15 9:58 am - NJ

I have an UP24 fitness band that links to Jawbone's free app.  Love it!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/26/15 1:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Welcome to the 21st century!  

I use My Fitness Pal to track what I eat.

I use Map My Walk for tracking exercise.  I also use C25K to help me increase my walking to jogging to running through a gradual process.

Is your phone an iPhone or Android?   Often your phone will have a built in program to track your steps.  On my Samsung, it's called S Health.  However, it doesn't work for me as I don't carry my phone on my body every minute of the day.

You could buy a FitBit or similar wristband tracking devices that transmit your data to your phone if that appeals to you.  Many people here use it.  There are also scales that can link with your phone to track your weight.

With the apps available, it's so easy to watch your stats every day.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

i8it77
on 6/26/15 9:13 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

Android I work in a hospital so I can't carry my phone on me. but I log alot of walking, been considering a fibit but worried about contamination between pts. but this IS one of the main reasons for a new phone to push myself and make it more fun. So glad everyone helps eachother out here.

psren13
on 6/27/15 9:46 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

use a fitbit and wear gloves when treating patients.  That should end the contamination, huh?  You have pockets in your scrubs?  Turn your phone to silent and carry it in your pocket.  

i8it77
on 6/28/15 9:06 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

lol ALWAYS wear gloves! You never know what your touching! ;) I've been peed on pooped on , puked on, sputum ect you get the picture. I just learned I can hook a little one to my bra though. think that should do! coworker carried her phone in her pocket, she got kicked by a confused pt and her screen was smashed. just gonna leave phone in locker but. little fitbit will be great

Nurse12334
on 6/26/15 2:07 pm

I use gymboss for interval training help and Nike Run for distance and time walked.

ragincajun
on 6/26/15 2:59 pm

I have been using app called LoseIt!, has both web and mobile app version.  Not so good for water tracking, but the best I have found for food tracking.  Has database with many brands, grocery stores, and restaurants.  Also has great feature to allow you to make custom foods / recipes.  Supports bar code scanning, which means that purchased items easy to load into the meals.  Premium version which allows you to customize diet plan and share foods/recipes is $39 first yr, $29 year renewal.

-RC-

Most Active