Liquid Diet: Wk 1, Day 5 (FOUND WHAT WORKS!)

NikkiL2015
on 6/26/15 7:03 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

OK So my DR requires a Two Week Liquid Diet prior to surgery.  The first week is partial liquid with one small meal, the second week is full liquid diet.  By day 3, I was starving and wondering if I was going to make it through.... guess what I am surviving!! I have found a protein shake/mix that works to crush my cravings!!! It is called ANNEX bought from Complete Nutrition.  I bought it for my son, during football season, it's a protein supplement during workouts.  Any way, 1 scoop has 120 cal, 23g protein, 1.5g fat. Mix this with 8oz of FairLife fat free milk which is: 80 cal, 13g protein, 0g fat. gives you a shake that totals 200cal, 36g protein, 1.5g fat.  This shake also curbs my hunger for a good 5 to 6 hours!!! I'm so excited to have found this, I know with this I will make it through!  They have ANNEX in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.  I personally use the chocolate, and sometimes add a half teaspoon of decaf instant coffee powder for that java flavor!  Just thought I would share!!

Nikki L.

psren13
on 6/27/15 9:10 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

The one that I found on their site is kinda pricey but the numbers look really good including the carbs.  But what I read was 1/2 scoop for those numbers you gave.  I could not find the size of the container nor what type of protein it is .  I did not see strawberry but did see chocolate peanut butter and banana cream and french vanilla.  Maybe I am looking at the wrong container but the numbers match.  Can you elaborate some on this?  Thanks.  (It does sound promising for us that are still drinking protein shakes as part of our daily routine)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views