Day 9 of 2 week Pre-Op Diet HELP!!!!

NikkiL2015
on 6/30/15 10:10 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I find myself to be very irritable and grouchy.  I'm trying my hardest not to focus on what I can't have, but I almost can't help it.  My kids think it's no big deal to have little things like cereal in front of me, cereal happens to be one of my favorite go to snacks.  I want to bite my 11 year old's head off every time he speaks to me!  I know this is not his fault, and I feel like such a horrible mother..... Does this get better????

csbsteph
on 6/30/15 10:32 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Yes it will pass and get better.  Don't focus on what you can't have but rather what you can.  I was such a crab to my teenager until I got my anti-depressant meds right about 3 months after surgery.  It will get better, take 10 deep breaths before you talk to your son when he irritates you, apologize for being snappy but know that if you weren't already a good Mamma you wouldn't feel bad about being snippy to him.  Unjury chicken flavored protein is very filling if you can order some of that.  Hang in there and keep on doing as you were told by your doc.  You can have protein cereal later on but even though I have it from time to time it still has too many carbs for me to have it too often.  Stay strong.  You might want to also visit http://kaysheppard.com/ I was/am a food addict in recovery, don't let food rule your life we truly eat to live and don't/should not live to eat.  Good luck

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

NikkiL2015
on 7/1/15 10:20 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you for your kind words! I will check that website out!!!

Nikki L.

Heather S.
on 6/30/15 11:40 pm
VSG on 06/04/15

It gets better!! You're doing great, 9 days down only a few more to go! Once you've had surgery it's so much easier to not ea****ch you're kids eating in front of you. My daughter (11 also) was/is careless about eating in front of me, thinking nothing of it, even offering me bites! Torture! Now that I'm post-op things seem much easier, I don't really want to eat the things she does because I imagine how it would feel on my new stomach...that usually stops cravings dead in their tracks. :-)  Stay strong!! 

-Heather

HW: 460 (12/18/14) SW: 419 (6/4/15) CW: 330 (10/19/15) Mini goal: 319 by 10/4/15

NikkiL2015
on 7/1/15 10:22 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you so much!  On the positive note I am 5 pounds down!!!  Maybe I should be more for being 10 days pre-op diet, but I will take the 5lbs as a win for now!!!!

Nikki L.

mmsmom
on 7/1/15 4:38 am - Woburn, MA

Remind yourself why you are doing this pre-op - to reduce your risks during surgery which will ultimately improve your health, body and life in general.  Now, there - don't you feel better?

VSG on 04/28/2014

NikkiL2015
on 7/1/15 10:25 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you for taking the time to give me some kind words!  I am feeling better today! I am 5lbs down!!! Yay ME!!!

Nikki L. 

gwen41539
on 7/1/15 5:07 pm - kimper, KY

Im right here with you I have 3 kids at home and a 20'yr old married son who lives next door lol im on pre op too and.Will be sleeved July 13th we eat out a lot it's hard...and my kids are 17,10 and 4 so they snack and eat cereal too today they all.ate breadsticks with cheese and Wendy's I had nothing...it was hard...but I made it...hang in there we got this 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

NikkiL2015
on 7/1/15 5:25 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thanks! It's nice to know that I'm not alone!  This week seems harder than last as this week is complete liquids.... last week at least I was allowed one small meal a day!  I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey! 

E_Saenz
on 7/1/15 10:38 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

keep busy this weekend clean do laundry pack your hospital bag and be grateful most of all this is gonna be your last 4th of July being obese.   Focus on getting your space where your going to be after surgery comfortable clean and everything set up for you so you can recover in comfort.  Go to the store and get everything you will be needing after you get home especially water.  Good luck with your surgery it's gonna be on my BIRTHDAY!

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views