I have become "that" girl -- whining about 3 lbs

Stacy_WLS
on 7/11/15 7:45 am

At work people are pushing food constantly -- and I'm constantly saying no.  They question why and I say I'm dieting / need to lose a few lbs and they just say WHY you  are tiny.  

I have become that woman who wants to lose 3 lbs.  I used to think these people were crazy. 

BUT I would much rather be this crazy and needing to climb the mountain of 50 lbs.  

On that note I am down from 178 to 175.2 :)  170-175 is my happy place.  So within a week I hope to be happily back in range -- woohoo!

I haven't gone crazy, just cut out alcohol and desserts and pushed the running a bit more than ussual. 

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Laura in Texas
on 7/11/15 8:01 am

When you tell people you are dieting, it gives them permission to give you their opinion. I suggest you stop doing that. "No, thank you." is enough. You do not owe them an explanation. 

I am also one that stresses about 3 pounds. It keeps me on track. 3 can become 30 real quick. But I do not ever tell people I am trying to lose weight (except here on OH- this is the perfect place to share my feelings about that).

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 7/11/15 3:54 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

I work in a hospital and there is lunches and dinners almost every day. It's crazy sometimes.  I to say I'm trying to loose a few pounds. Because I am.lol. I also like the advice on just saying no thanks. Funny I never thought of that.  Thanks both of you.

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Stacy_WLS
on 7/11/15 6:08 pm

Saying no thanks does make the most sense.  But I am a very open person and am very close with my co-workers.  I over share -- I also want the cookie, so I see them and am like "ooooh!!!" so then they pu****  Yes not being interested and jsut saying no would be best, but I have a hard time shutting down the interest.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 7/12/15 5:28 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Yea, I kinda do that at as well. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Mell
on 7/13/15 8:07 am

My work is used to it and just think I am crazy (I could care less) but my friends are the worst, they will always try to say I should relax, I deserve it, it is just one bite I could go on forever with their excuses.

Yet half have always been skinny, and just dont get it, and the other half have had WLS and now have basically regained most of it back.  I try to just say no thanks but sometimes that doesnt work.  I have 3 kids, work full time, and do all the cooking and cleaning so I just tell them hey you all have all this free time to go to the gym run etc... I dont, if I don****ch my diet I will be in trouble.  

I try not to be too blunt as not to hurt my friends feelings who have regained, I have tried to help them in the past and they are just not ready and I got the "diet Nazi" title for a while so I just let them be.  If they are happy I am happy for them and I know all too well how hard the outsiders can be about regain etc.. the normal folks have no idea the pressure we feel.

I come here because there are no friends I have that have not regained!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op