Cold sweats & nausea - worth calling the doctor?

ElizaM
on 7/13/15 9:18 am
VSG on 07/24/14

I have a horrible time figuring out when I should call my doctor. I just broke out in the most sickening cold sweat. I'm at my office desk, in A/C, and there is sweat just dripping down my face, legs and arms. My stomach was cramping and I felt nauseous. I think it's almost over now but it was really freaky. It's hard knowing what is related and relevant. I also get dizzy and feel faint quite often, but usually that is fine as long as I take a salt supplement/broth. I don't know if this is an urgent problem or something I should talk to my surgeon's office or my PCP when I next see them?

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

frisco
on 7/13/15 9:47 am

Call the doc...... could be any number of things.

Might be time also for a complete check up with blood panels.

Keep your fluids up, make the call.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Lisa167
on 7/13/15 9:49 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago.  I did call my surgeons office and talked to the NP.  Not sure if it was reactive hypoglycemia that we read about on here.  She noted it and we are going to keep an eye on it.  (I had type 2 diabetes prior and have experienced low sugar in the past, and this was much much worse and different.)

I think it's worth a call to your surgeon's office.  It was explained to me that although unusual with the sleeve, it can happen

When it happened to me (just like you described), I was out at a dinner reception and hadn't eaten since lunch time (just started to nibble). I didn't have a meter to check my sugar level.  If you have that option, I'd recommend checking it.

Best of luck - I hope it doesn't happen again!

ElizaM
on 7/13/15 11:06 am
VSG on 07/24/14

I have my 1 year follow up with my surgeon on Monday, so I'm thinking unless it happens again, I will wait until then and discuss with them then. It's over now but it was really freaky feeling!

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

AngelaLynn11
on 7/13/15 10:21 am

How are you feeling?

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/13/15 11:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Go ahead and call, and sooner rather than later! The worst thing that could happen is that they could tell you "everything is fine, nothing to worry about." :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

beth6226
on 7/15/15 9:17 am - McAllen, TX

Hi.  

Boy its been a long while since I've been back to the VSG Forum.  

Just wanted to mention that I'm 5 years out and it still happens to me when I've waited a bit too long to eat.  It is a horrible feeling...and hard to describe.

Hope it doesn't happen again!

:)

All I really gotta do is live, laugh, love, and die....  

HW: 257    SW:  257   CW:  155

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 19 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views