Online foods to order

AngelaLynn11
on 7/15/15 9:09 pm

Do you suggest ordering any online foods for upcoming post-op?  I saw a website specializing in WLS foods. 

I eat LCHF.  I do not want to eat anything that might throw my body into carb cravings.  I will be starting back to work 10 days after surgery.  I think I will likely be on full liquids by then. 

What is a full liquid?  I've heard different ideas about what that is.  I have a lap band so I know what I remember but I'm wondering what your surgeon told you it was and was not. 

Angela 

~Banded 7/2007, removal and revision needed.

HW 325; Lap-band 2007; LW 225; GW: 150

ElizaM
on 7/16/15 12:37 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

Beforehand, I ordered protein powder online. I ordered mine from Amazon. You don't really need anything except protein shakes, and you can get them at the store. Some people like to buy a sample pack to make sure they like what they buy.

Your surgeon should provide you info on what constitutes full liquids. For me, it was protein shakes, jello, thinned yogurt, milk, strained cream soups. I stuck to protein shakes made with unsweetened almond milk, and water. I was on full liquids as soon as I came home from the hospital (3 days post op).

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

happyteacher
on 7/16/15 1:18 pm

Hello,

There are a few things I stocked up on, and used most of it. Remember, tastes change post op so don't go to crazy quantity wise. I use a site called netrition.com. They have a flat rate shipping price per order, and pretty good prices. I am not sure what LCHF means so please forgive if there is something on here that does not meet that. I thought at first perhaps it meant low carb high fiber, but those don't work together ;)

-Protein powder, vanilla, chocolate, and unflavored. Many here also like syntax. Unflavored is very helpful to add to yogurt to boost protein. Jarrow is my favorite unflavored version.

-Isopure. This is a love/hate product. I could do the alpine punch flavor. I used this a whole lot that first month when protein shakes were too heavy for my stomach. No carb, all cals from protein. RTD version.

- protein cream of chicken soup. There are versions marketed for the high protein type, not Campbell's or something like that. This was a life saver as other options got old very quickly.

- protein hot chocolate (again, not your usual stuff like swiss miss)

-Torani sugar free syrups (like for coffee) in a variety of flavors... netrition.com has a fantastic price on these

I think those were the basics if I recall- it has been a while. I also purchased from Costco/Sams Premier protein shakes RTD and used those as a staple throughout the entire process.

Full liquids for me meant clear liquids (broth and such) plus greek yogurt (no fruit, chunks, or anything like that), shakes, technically cream of wheat was Ok but avoided. Good luck!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/16/15 1:19 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

A full liquid is a fluid (no chunks) you can't see through. Milk, yogurt, cream soup, pudding.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views