PCOS after sleeve

Jennifer J.
on 7/17/15 7:06 pm - Manassas, VA
with

Hey guys!

So in October I'll be getting my sleeve done...finally! Anyway right now I have PCOS, I've had it for years. I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue too and how it's changes after having surgery. 

E_Saenz
on 7/17/15 9:41 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I was once told I have PCOS but with meds they were able to get my cycle to return however I was never able to lose the weight .  I'm hopeful the sleeve will help me I'm scheduled for 8/12/15

Elia Maria Saenz

J Connel
on 7/18/15 5:00 am
VSG on 04/13/15

I have PCOS and am 3 months post-op.  To be honest, I haven't noticed any real changes at this point, but my PCOS isn't as severe as others so I may not be a good measuring stick.

JC 5'3" HW: 283.2 SW: 224.6 CW: 140.0  M1: -20.0 M2: -10.2 M3: -13.6 M4: -6.4 M5: -7.2 M6: -7.8 M7: -6.2  M8: -5.8 M9: -2.2 M10: -5

GOAL WEIGHT ACHIEVED 2/2/16 

Follow my blog at: www.sleeveforme2014.wordpress.com

MAchick
on 7/18/15 5:18 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I am about 18 months post op, 29yo and PCOS since I was probably hit puberty. Officially diagnosed at 17. 

I had irregular cycles before BC, fine now with my iud almost. I did have less cysts at my last ultrasound,  but they come and go depending on where I am in my cycle. The dark patches of skin I had GREATLY improved,  almost non-existent. Unwanted body hair really did not improve unfortunately. Acne is still here. My triglycerides have decreased from a dangerously and abnormally high level to perfect. My blood pressure is wonderful now as well.  Less ovarian pain,  but still comes and goes. 

Carolyn W.
on 7/19/15 3:19 pm

Hi! I had PCOS for years (still technically do I guess since it's not curable) and losing the weight has helped SO much. I used to go 10 months without a period and now I get it the same time every month! It took about 3 months for it to regulate, but I've been regular since! I had my surgery at the end of September 2014. I also had ancanthosis nigricans (the dark patches caused by insulin resistance) and that has totally cleared up! I noticed my acne is also much better. Losing weight has pretty much gotten rid of all the symptoms of PCOS for me! I'm assuming my fertility has improved (I'm only 19 so I'm not trying for any children) since my period has gone back to normal. Best of luck! It's so worth it!

Brandi D
on 7/19/15 8:32 pm

200lbs is about the sweet spot for me and PCOS symptoms going away.... After surgery when I got below 200.. Most symptoms left..

I got pregnant and sleeve stretched. I'm up to 235.. symptoms are back..

The hirutism never went away. I stayed hairy, but all other PCOS symptoms left when I hit the sweet spot with weight.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
Sandra F.
on 7/20/15 6:12 am

I'm 9 months out and have noticed that my periods are coming more regularly.  I'm hoping to get pregnant, so I hope this means that I am more fertile, but we shall see.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 192 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views